Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Altered Easter Project

Another GORGEOUS day here in Nebraska! No coat.. windows open.. sun shining sort of day! Woo Hoo! Totally welcome after this winter!
I can not believe Easter is this weekend. Snuck up on me for sure. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to make so I can get groceries. Get on it Vic!
---------------------------------------
I've had this project done for some time now... and keep forgetting to share it here. I got this egg shaped piece (already painted) at Hobby Lobby 40% off .. so considering it was only $2.99.. it was a steal. Since it was already painted.. all I had to do was have a little fun dressing it up.
lol.. after looking at this project and thinking about listing the supplies..realized just what an inexpensive project it really was.


The scalloped white on the egg, is from the border of a paper doily, the flower lace ..from the $ store (stick tape already on the back too.. what a deal), crepe paper $ store, Image- ( just one of 20 on Crafty Secrets Easter Creative Scraps sheets), Glitter, buttons, tiny flowers ( I get at Hob Lob, in a little bunch, in the wedding dept..1/2 off alot). The little branch is from my yard.( painted it white and sprinkled some iridescent glitter on it).
There you go kids .. bargain project of the week. lol


Oh.. ps.. that pink crystal thing at the bottom.. also 1/2 off at Hob Lob.. at Christmas time, the Christmas ornaments. lol
******************************************************************
I started out the day with a dentist appointment which wasn't fun..but after that I got to pick Griff up from Preschool and go to lunch.
WHAT a character! lol

He comes up with stuff that makes me laugh so hard. We were going down the street and someone had a big CHRISTMAS blow up carousel going in thier yard. I just thought it would be something interesting to show him so I pointed over to it as we went by and said... "hey look at that". He shook his head and said.in a totally serious face..." Man, people are crazy".


Looking forward to another sunny day tomorrow!
Hope you have some sunshine in your life too!~

8 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Love your Easter project!

Nat said...

That is too cute!!!

debbiek said...

LOVE the Easter project, Ms. Vicki. Griff is such a cutie and there IS a song out right now on the country radio that is my favorite called, "people are crazy". Cracks me up every time I hear it....

harrahx2 said...

Lordy, he is growing up quick. He's already losing that baby look! Great project, but then you always do great! Love the branks with flowers...I will try that on a card. What fun.

Pattyjo said...

You love children like I do. You are always picking up your nieces and nephews and doing things with them. I am going to celebrate your joy when you experience your first grand baby. There isn't any feeling as wonderful as your own grand children. You think you can't love your own children as much...then you seeing their children. I will be celebrating with you Vickie!
Pattyjo

Elly said...

Wow, that Easter egg is gorgeous!!! I love the crepe paper ruffles! It's too cute!
Please, will you send some sunshine to Holland? It's rainy and cold overhere!
Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Cute project - love the pink ruffle!! Oops had Griff on the last post still looks cute : )

Gail S. said...

What a FUN project! I would look at that egg shape at Hobby Lobby and throw it back in the bin - just can't "see" the magic :( I need to go shopping with you!! Your little nephew is such a cutie! Enjoy the beautiful weather, hear it is changing this weekend.