Friday, March 26, 2010

ART with Glimmer Mist...ahhhh

Thought I'd share another Tattered Angels project with you today.... along with some fun photos. I enjoyed the process of this simple project.. and I love the color contrast! Something about mating vibrant colors on black is just so beautiful to me. I've always loved the look. These alphabet letters are new from Tattered Angels.(available soon) Aren't they fun? Like all their other alphabets ... 3 parts to each letter piece , all embossed with cool designs, and all self adhesive!
My sister gave me this cool floating frame for Valentines Day. I'll be changing it out alot ..but for now I have these between the glass pieces. You know how photos just don't really show off things like you had hoped.. well trust me.. the Glimmer Mist colors that are blended on this are AMaZiNG!! ...oh.. the Glory of the mist. lol
************************************************
Okay.. I HAVE to show you this darling photo that Kyle (Kyle and Wendy are the owners of Tattered Angles) posted on facebook of their girls, Ally and Kaitlyn. They are just the sweetest little girls ever. We got to be swell buds when I was there staying with them in Colorado in November. Ally sent me her school project "Flat Ally" to see if I would let it visit Nebraska and send it back to her after a little look around Nebraska. I took photos and made a little album about Flat Ally's little vacation, send her. ( oh.. and of course an outfit for it) lol. I altered these colored pencil cases for both the girlsies with their names on them.( we did alot of coloring when I was there).lol
This photo made my day. CUTE!

**********************************************************
It was a pretty busy day.. as it was the official "Grand Opening" of Amy's scrapbook store in Fremont. "Precious Treasures Scrapbook Boutique"
( I don't know about anything else..but I can tell you Miss Amy really liked those BIG ribbon cutting scissors!) But then again, what true scrapper wouldn't? ha
I thought it was so sweet that Amy had her family cutting the ribbon with her.

The Chamber members gathered for the Ribbon cutting..... and a table full of delicious goodies Amy was serving.

Everything is "Over the top" with this girl. lol

I'm talking ... WOW!

The presentation was amazing!

I did some Crafty Secrets Make and Takes and had fun creating with the girls throughout the day.
Congratulations Amy.. thankyou for bringing your wonderful store to Fremont!

_______________________________
Okay.. "The Office" is on.. my jammies are on, and my feet are up... so later gators. lol

11 comments:

Bettyann said...

omg my waist expanded by a foot just drooling over the yummy table...have a fun week-end

Precious Treasures said...

Thank you so much for sharing the day with me! You are an awesome friend. Love ya lots!

Rbarakat said...

Wow you lucky girl - that shop looks great! And that art heart is adorable!!!

Charlene said...

Oh how I WISH that we had a store like that here. All the big boys shut down here & most of the little ones too. DARN I used to love the getting together to scrap. You are a lucky girl to have such a wonderful shop & friend. Hope you are starting the thaw up there. Saw the announcement for Scrapbook Convention in June & thought about you. Are you coming? Hope so. Hugs Charlene

Nat said...

Love your glimmer mist project. LOL Flat Ally- I love those projects- I once got Cats son's Flat Stanley in Germany and it was really fun to do soemthing with it :)

lois said...

Wow! Your friend's store is amazing. What colors of GM did you use on those ART letters? They all blend beautifully...love that floating heart frame.

Debby said...

I love the letters. Glimmer Mist is so much fun. I used it yesterday in a project. I have two granddaughter that are sisters with those same names.

harrahx2 said...

Wow, just getting caught up as I didn't get your posts for several days. What's up with that? Great pictures and that store looks like such fun. The frames, OMG, I am such an amateur, these ladies rock. Love all the treats today to view on your blog. Such a nice way to start the day. Hugs to you my friend.

Catherine said...

oh - my! Wish I had been there!

angela ploegman said...

Looks like fun Vicki!! One of my LSS got your portrait shadow box AccuCut dies in (the landscape's on order) and it's so wonderful...I've been playing with it ALOT!!! You're awesome!!

Thanh said...

What a fun and exciting day - I wish her all the best with her new shop.