Monday, March 15, 2010

Bring on the COLOR!

How about some sparkly eggs?
Hobby Lobby had all their Easter things on sale when I was there on Friday.. so I picked up some paper machae eggs. 3 for 99 cents ...and then 40% off that... cant beat that can you? lol
I brushed them with Mod Podge and sprinkled them with Glitter.

I love the way they turned out. S*P*A*R*K*L*Y!!

I have been so tired of these overcast days, I seriously can not remember the last time I saw the sun. ( not even kidding on this one). I decided to go out to the garage and bring in the "Easter" bin.. to go through it and get some things out.
I'm ready!

I had decided a couple of weeks ago that the red artificial tulips I put out in a vase, really helped cheer this place up with a"punch of color". It would be nice to have fresh flowers all the time ....but I am really impressed with some of the gorgeous artificial flowers that are available.
These are just from the $store. I had bought them just for Glimmer Misting purposes..but I stuck them in this vase, and set them on the kitchen counter.
Trust me on this .. if you are living with the icky dirty snow , and endless over cast days like we are ... color is the cure, and me the flowers are certainly helping.

In the kitchen

in the living room


and always in my studio

So..until I get them growing outside..this will have to do!
I have to say, I can wait until summer when I can come down in the mornings , and see my plants blooming out on the deck.
What a great way to start the day!
sooooon
________________________________________
Spent alot of time this weekend working on projects , so I'll have lots to share over the next few days.
As for things coming up in the near future... if any of you are going to be here.. be sure to come by and see me at the
Tattered Angels booth! I'll be there demoing and doing make and takes.
Mesa-April 16-17

CKC-Mesa
April 16-17, 2010Mesa Convention Center
Mesa, AZ


___________________________________

Or if you live in Michigan....
I'll be teaching here May 6-8 for Tattered Angels


________________________________________


or at The "Great American Scrapbook Convention" in Arlington TX ,

June 3-5 teaching two big classes and doing make and takes for Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.

Well. that gets us through June..and then it will be time for CHA. lol

If you are at any of these envents .. come on over and say HELLO! I'd love to meet you!

____________________________________

I need to get used to the time change again. It's late..off to bed for me.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and and all ready to start the week.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

Nat said...

Girl you rock- love the projects and so cool you traveling around so much. Mesa- how cool.

Elaine said...

WOW those eggs are stunning and I wants me some purdy eggs too! ;-) So pretty with all your spring-y-ness happening in the house! I love flowers - especially tulips! Can't wait til the gardens are happy again with flowers too! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jan said...

Great tulips..I had to LOL cause I have the same red tulips and the same black metal KITCHEN sign! Too funny..(I got mine at Hobby Lobby 40% off)
The Easter egss are so cute..love the glitter :)
It was so nice here yesterday (almost 50) thsat we pruned fruit trees and raked off some of the flower beds!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valerie said...

I have those ceramic eggs!!! I made them when I first got married. That was 25 yrs ago. Thanks for bringing back memories. I might have to put them out this year.

Susan said...

Love all the flowers and glitter. I'll see you here in TX in June!
Susan

Jane Wetzel said...

what a great idea with the eggs- gotta do that! Happy Spring- its comin!!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, you inspire me. I will pull out some of my silk flowers and liven up the place. Rain, grey clouds, flooding and still with the snow. Us DC folks just are not used to this. I want it to go away! Box went postal yesterday. Your inspiration makes each day smile for me. Thanks so much!

chelemom said...

Love the sparkly eggs!!! Anything that glitters is a winner in my book!! Your kitchen is yellow with red accents.....which is funny because my kitchen is red with golden yellow accents and my living room is yellow with red accents. Great minds..... : )
I will be at CHA this summer! I hope Sandy lets me work the booth or help out in some way!!! : )

Bettyann said...

wow those chickens must have swallowed some fine glitter lol...love your flower arrangements..until we meet again...

Amy Hall said...

so yeah............now I sit here and think of sparkly eggs and how I need to make them, and how my kids will be running around the house with them...........it is just a big ole circle you are creating in my head girl!

Jami said...

Hey Vicki, I just saw that you are going to be in my neck of the woods. Well sort of, let just say about 2 hours away when you are in MI. Kay and I are going to try and get to the Great Lakes Mega Meet. Hope to see you there.

Jami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.