Thursday, April 08, 2010

Canvas camera bag ...with Glimmer Mist

I While back I helped moderate for Tattered Angels on a Live podcast she did on altering a canvas camera bag. It really inspired me to want to give it a try. She used watercolors on her sample.. I'll be using Glimmer Mist. Here is the link to her video . Donna Downey video with Prima. Since I have my music turned of for now.. because of the video I posted the other day, I figured now was as good of a time as any, to post this video tutorial also. ( then I can put my music back until the next video lol)
_______________________________
Here is my finished canvas camera bag



If you watch the video.. I explain that I decided to make my "pretties" removable. Simply because if I take it on a trip with me.. it will most certainly get banged around in my purse.. so I added my flower and lace to a piece of round chipboard and added a pin so it could be removed.

If you interested .. here's a little video of the process.

___________________________________

I'm busy trying to get things done up ahead so I'll be ready to leave for AZ. If you are going to be at the CKC Mesa show in AZ (April 16th -17th), I'll be there demoing for Tattered Angels in their booth.. so be sure to come by and say hello.. I'd love to meet you!!

As I did last time I went to AZ to teach... I'm taking my mom with me. We have family there, so mom will be staying with my sis and brother-in-law while we are there. After I'm finished working I'll be spending time with the family there also. Should be fun.. cant wait!

I'll be around until mid week next week... so I'll be posting again before I leave.

Lots to done before then.. so I better get moving.

Enjoy the day!!!

4 comments:

chelemom said...

I Love your camera bag! What a great idea to have a removable flower! HAve fun in AZ!!!! And be safe!

1CardCreator said...

This is so cute! And you could wear the flower too! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

harrahx2 said...

Love the bag! Take lots of pictures whil you are on your trip. Hope your mom has a blast. Can't wait to see the end results. What are your classes going to be? Hugs and have fun.

Elaine said...

Hey that detatchable embellishment is such a cool idea!! I love the colors you got with the custom-'dying'

Hope AZ is fun and not too hot! :)