Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge (Spring/Easter)

Here we are... Ready to enjoy another Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge Day! This months Challenge is to Create a project with either a Spring or Easter theme. I Chose to use Flower and Bird Images from the "Birds and Botanicals" Image and Journal Books. I used (my Portrait Style) Shadowbox die to make this hanging project.

Instead of making it into a card or a freestanding project, I cut the closure piece and added it to the top of the two side panels, to reinforce a place to punch a hole for the ribbon that the project would hang from.


My favorite thing about making projects with this die, is the fun you can have adding dimension. I almost always use Foam squares for dimension under different pieces when I make one of these. I added Stickles to the flowers on this image,and also on the bird and nest image on the other side. I do all the stitching I plan to do on the separate pieces before I assemble. ( so the stitching doesnt show through onto the backside.)

Some more of those gorgeous (super detailed) stickers Crafty Secrets will be selling soon!

and.. as always it all got a coat of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I just can help myself. These days.. any altered project I do.. just doesn't seem finished until it get that shimmery finish.

This is my "Springy" project but I do have a "Easter" projects also. It was done using the "Creative Scraps" Easter Images I'll be sharing that in my next post.
You have lots more BEAUTIFUL things to go see now , on the Blogs of these talented girls.... so here you go...
Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson
Linda Duke
Michele Kovack
Melissa Phillips
Michelle Van Etten
Flo from France

More goodies on the Heartwarming Vintage blog
HERE


Enjoy.. and have a wonderful day!!

19 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Hi, Vicki! We are having our shadowbox craft day on Tuesday. I can't wait to see what everyone makes. Thanks again!

trendyscrapper said...

This is so elegant and beautiful so inspiring.

Pam said...

I adore this Vicki! You always amaze me with your 3D frame projects!

Nat said...

So so so stunning!

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

chelemom said...

Stunning Vicki!!! : )

Heidi Blankenship said...

What a Gorgeous Spring wall hanging!! I love how you used the shadow box to create the wall hanging! I love all of the details! Thanks for another Fantastic challenge Vicki!!

Marisa said...

Love this elegant project Vicki.

Sarah said...

This is a beautiful project, Vicki. Your die is a super invention!!!

Catherine said...

This is beautiful, I love all the layers, absolutely stunning! xox

debbiek said...

Gorgeous card, Ms. Vicki! You still amaze me with your creativeness. I would never had thought of making the 3-d shadowbox into a wall hanging. Again, I think you're a genius for coming up with this:)

Gail S. said...

Beautiful Vicki!! Used to have a SIL and BIL that lived in Fremont but they have moved to Missouri last year! Wish they still lived in Fremont-I would love to go check out the new store (it looks awesome!!)

harrahx2 said...

Well, Vicki, I picked up 3 more Glimmer Mists and now I am intimidated about doing my next frame. I am so afraid I will screw it up! Your work is so beautiful.....I am so jealous!

Shawn said...

How pretty! We all made ours today at craft day. I'm sure everyone will have pics on their blogs soon. Thanks again for sending us goodies on craft day! Hope you can make it to KC sometime. :)

Pattyjo said...

Oh Heavens! This shadowbox is "off the charts" gorgeous!!!
Pattyjo

Nancy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Vicki!!!
I am loving those diecuts!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Another wonderful shadowbox - love what you did with the buttons!! Don't you just love kids - they tell it like it is : ) Great pics of Griff!

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful! I love the stitching and the button card.

Precious Treasures said...

I recognize those buttons ;)