Thursday, March 04, 2010

Little altered tag album

You might have remembered reading in this post , I showed photos of my friend Stephs little album she made and brought to our last art group gathering. Hers was so darling , I just couldnt wait to try one myself. She gave me the link to Papercraft planet were she found the folding video. She changed it up and made little house shapes instead fo atcs or tags.. I loved that idea... so that's what I incorporated into mine. The basics of this is done with just one piece of 12x12 paper. I did mine with an embossed( with polkadots) piece of Jenni Bowlin cardstock. I used lots of Glimmer Mist on mine. I used all Crafty Secrets papers for the rest of mine, and images from the"Altered Fairy" Creative Scraps Sheet.


It was great fun to go a little nuts on this one. lol

There are so many images on the Altered Fairies sheet... I didnt even use all of them up making this project... and trust me .. I used alot! lol

Lots of misting and lots of stitching. ( two of my very favorite things .. so that was no problem)


I pulled the shapes out of the pockets so you could see them better here. The middle one is done on the back from some vintage buttons.


more

I used Mist  colors, SWAK (pink), Yellow Daisy, Electric Blue, and Sweet Clover.


I tried a new technique with my Misting. I used Clear glue ( Beacons 3in1) as a resist. I put down one color of mist, then when it was dry, I added the glue in some places. Once that was dry.. I sprayed on whatever other color I wanted to add.
See where I added it to the circles on the over and around the edges a bit?
This is how I come accross this fantastic technique. A mistake. lol See below where the glue oozed out when I added the binding.. and I wiped it away. This was my "ah ha" moment. When I sprayed the Glimmer Mist over it... see what happened?
This is why I always tell people .. "just PLAY with your Glimmer Mist". Everytime I seem to see a new thing I can do with it.
GLUE RESIST ( you can call it a mistake.. I call it a cool technique!) ha

I also used some chipboard pieces. 

The peice below was cut from a pink piece of paper from the Classic Paper Pad. I love it.. it's one of my very favorites...but in this case I needed something brighter... So... another way to use Glimmer Mist. I love how you can change the color.. still see the design of the paper.
Here is another example of that.

This started as just a standard manilla tag. Oh how I love this crabby little party pooper girl. lol

I had alot of fun with that little book. Good thing is't finished though.. it was time to clean up the mess I made in here, spraying.. cutting , ... sewing , inking ect... lol
**************************************************
This weekend I'll be teaching a total of 6 classes in Albion NE for Scrapbook Paradise. Again.. if you live in near and are interested.. contact me and I'll get you the info. vickichrisman@hotmail.com
Thankyou to those of you who sent well wishes to my mom. She is home now and her knee is doing better. She's a trooper.
I will say .. our dogs are even more spoiled after shes been here. .. if that's possible. lol They love her.

Have a Fantastic Weekend!!!












20 comments:

Shawn said...

your little book is adorable! try embossing with white and then using glimmer mist over it that's pretty cool too. Bethany used some white crayons and my glimmer mist she called it "her majic: :) Karla just said that you sent her some goodies for our craft day! That is so sweet, hope you can make it sometime we all have a blast! I just ordered the new Teresa Collins bebe boy line so I plan on using that :) Take care :)

Bettyann said...

Wow what a fab little book..that would be a class I would love to take with you...have fun at your classes..Have a great week-end..thanks for visiting my blog..

Jan said...

super cute tag album..love everything about it :) I'm liking Shawn's ideas, too :)

Julie said...

This is SOOOO cool, Vicki! I really want to make one of these! Love how loaded it is--fabulous! Love all the fairy scraps images & all the Glimmer Mist--great!

I was just playing with Glimmer Mist yesterday and thought of trying to color mica flakes--worked great!

Glad your Mom's doing well! Have a great night!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

LOVE THAT.......!!!!!! I MUST TRY ONE....LOOKS LIKE THAT COULD BE AN AWESOME CLASS (OR KIT)!!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND ALL THE DETAILS...

Mary Anne in NJ said...

LOVE THAT.......!!!!!! I MUST TRY ONE....LOOKS LIKE THAT COULD BE AN AWESOME CLASS (OR KIT)!!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND ALL THE DETAILS...

Sarah said...

This little album it just the cutest! You make the best stuff!!

tammy inman said...

love love love your gorgeous little book!

Ali said...

What a stunning little book! Holy hannah!!! WOW! SOOOO Glad your Mom is doing well. Hello to her from me! Chat soon- have a great weekend teaching!

Bev said...

OMG! OMG! I think this is the MOST awesome EVER!!! I SO LOVE IT!!! I had a brainstorm as I was scrolling down thru the pics....making one of these little books - using clear sheets - then put all the tag swaps I've been in. The tags normally don't fit in the "baseball card holder" so they are just clipped together. What a wonderful way to display them....hmmm. TFS!

harrahx2 said...

Vic, hope you have a fun week-end. I finally got my pictures back for my frame. Can't wait to start on it....hoping for some time Sunday. Hugs to you, beautiful book!

Kim Sonksen said...

Oh gosh Vicki - that album is one rockin' stinker of an altered tag album. I love it so so much!!!!

Hope you have fun this weekend

Catherine said...

It's beautiful Vic, love your happy accident!! have a great weekend!!

Pearl Maple said...

I'd call it a cool technique too and a fab little creative piece

chelemom said...

You just blew me away with this fabulous booklet!!! so much love and energy went into this! Have a great weekend!

cards4u said...

I'm loving this - so fun and cheery! I'm thinking everyone who see this is going to want to give it a try : ) Thanks for all the great photos!!

Precious Treasures said...

love the tag book. I wish I would have done that with that accordian book today. LOL Thanks again for the most awesome day! You are such a wonderful friend. Luv U

christie said...

This is GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE it! You are so very talented and your work is INSPIRING!

jan said...

Absolutely gorgeous tags! Fun and whimsical, so well done!! Great colors! I am a fan!

Jan Ross said...

That little mini is so much fun - loved the contemporary polka dot on each of the pages, and the tags are just precious. Wonderful embellishments too.