Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretty Cookie bags

Hello friends
Sharing some creative stuff and a yummy recipe today.
I love to bake. I used to do it alot when I boys where young..but just don't do it as much anymore. I think like most of us... we get busy with other things. You go to the store to pick up a few things.. and there are amazing baked goodies.. right there all done for you. That's okay.. theres no reason if your busy, not to wrap up some of those .. with a personal touch and give them to a friend or neighbor right? Totally!
I did bake some cookies this time.. from one of my favorite recipes. I'll share it at the end of this post.

I get these little party bags at the $ store. They work perfectly to hold 6-8 cookies.

I used these "Kitchen Time" cuts from Crafty Secrets for the tags I added to my bags. Crafty Secrets has so many kitchen themed images, stickers and stamps that would work great for something like this. You can find them all on their website HERE.
I love the images from this sheet of cuts. CUTENESS!


Simple tags ...but it's amazing how something so simple adds such a person touch.

It's fun to give someone a little something just to brighten their day. I used to do things like that quite often, but feel like I've really gotten away from it. Life gets busy and we get caught up in other things, it seems. I'm going to make a point to get back to doing it more often , it's something I really enjoy.


Maybe my daily dose of "Kind over Matter" has me thinking. lol I know I mentioned it to you before in this post. What a totally "feel good" site. I think you might really enjoy it. Beautiful photography, crafty stuff, affirmations, poetry, art , decorating ideas and more. I just stumbled on this site a few months ago..and have not missed a day of stopping by there since.
____________________________________

Oh.. and here is the Cookie recipe, if you are interested

Trust me .. it's a good one! I've been making these since my boys were little. You can also make a cookie pizza by spreading it in a pizza pan. ( if you do this.. just make sure you don't spread the dough all the way to the edges because it expands and could go over the edge. If it starts to look like it might go over the edge.. I just use my spatula and push is back all the way around.Super quick and easy , if you need something fast.**
I love this recipe, because you can take out things you done like or don't have at the moment and add something else. (Choc chips, nuts, m &ms or any other candy pieces, raisins, coconut, ect...) It started out with a basic recipe I had and I just made changes.


Vickis "everything" cookies...

2 sticks (1 cup) softened marg

1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky doesn't matter)

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 cups flour

1 teas baking soda
1 1/2 cups Oats (any kind)

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 cup raisins

1 cup choc chips ( or in this case m&m's)

1/2 coconut

Cream peanut butter , marg, and sugars in large bowl. Stir well. Add eggs , then flour and soda. Mix well and add Oats and other ingr. Drop by spoolfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.I use my insulated cookie sheets to they take a bit longer to bake. (about 13 min) at 375. You'll be able to tell when they are done... just slightly browning. They are a soft and chewy type cookie.


Enjoy!


9 comments:

Nat said...

This is cuteness alarm- I so love them !!!

Elaine said...

These are UBER cool and sound delish! I love the darling packaging, Vicki! I want to whip up a batch soon! My son will be 19 soon...and he loves cookies. These may be just the ticket! :)

debbiek said...

Love those tags, Ms. Vicki. So very cute:) I would be over the moon to receive a little gifty like that from someone! Thanks for the recipe. My hubby calls himself himself "the cookie monster"....lol. Have a great day.

Bettyann said...

Yummy..love baking as I have more time now...people seemed to be so thrilled to receive home-made goodies...I can smell them from here LOL..like the tags..take care...have a great weekend..

Bettyann said...

Yummy..love baking as I have more time now...people seemed to be so thrilled to receive home-made goodies...I can smell them from here LOL..like the tags..take care...have a great weekend..

Catherine said...

GREAT, now I need a cookie....:-) LOL> great idea - and thanks for the recipe! xox.

MJ said...

My Easter bracelet tags have found inspiration! Thanks for posting!

2amscrapper said...

I love these tags!

Cynthia said...

Your tags are adorable! I have this sheet of creative cuts as well. I guess I'm still hoarding them for a special project. :)