Monday, March 08, 2010

Stuff to share... muffins , classes, ect...

The muffins are out of the oven ..so grab one and sit for a bit.

Banana Nut Muffins

oven at 350
1 cup sugar
1 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas
1/2 cup margarine (softened)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teas soda
1/2 teas salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Blend first 6 ingredients .. beat with mixer 1 min at med. Stir in remaining ingredients. (1 load pan50-60 minutes... or pour in to muffin tins-- less time)

******************************************
I worked on some more "Springy" things yesterday. Like this

I used papers from the "Classic" Paper Pad from Crafty Secrets and a sweet little poem from the Spring Stickers.
I used some of the pretty new trims my blog friend Mary Anne sent me... and I used Glimmer Mist to "prettify" my simple white dollar store flower.

Crafty Secrets has lots of great images for Spring and Easter... like these..
"Spring Joys" Stickers
" Spring" Homespun Cotton Scraps

"Easter" Creative Scraps


Just to mention a few!
*******************************************************
I promised I'd share some photos from the weekend in Albion. Here are some of the girls , Glimmer Misting round accordion albums.

We all had alot of fun with this project.


We used Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist, and Screens, then embellished with AccuCut dies. ( Birds and Flowers).

I have to tell you ... midway through the day... we had lunch catered by "Julies Catering" in Albion.. and it was amazing! Then for dinner that night.. the best French Dip sandwich and homemade cold slaw I've ever had. (other than my moms cold slaw.. of course). Seriously if you live in the area and ever need something catered... shes the person! I was impressed!


lol... okay.. back to the classes. We did the fairy shadowbox class again .. and they girls really got creative.. making this project" their own"! We used images from the "Childhood" Image and Journal book from Crafty Secrets.

7 girls ended up taking this class.. and trust me , there we 7 very different and unique shadow boxes made. Bravo girls!

I also taught a class with the new die, using the "Altered Fairy Scraps".
Oh.. and if you are interested in purchasing the dies (already cut).. Crafty Secrets now has them for order HERE

Thanks Albion girls.. it was a fun time!
**********************************************************
While I had the oven on today, I made brownies to take to Precious Treasures tomorrow . We are having a Crafty Secrets sort of afternoon there tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending some creative time there with the girls!
Wish you could all come. I'll take photos ... (like you had any doubt , right?) lol My trusty camera is always close at hand.
I'll be back soon to share.
Enjoy your evening!

10 comments:

Michelle Jackson said...

Hi Miss Vic,
Wonderful projects! Looks like a great time in class, with lots of yummy treats!

Elaine said...

I would be in heaven if I ever got to take a class with you!!! OMG that looks like the bestest time EVAH! :)
LOVE how you prettied up the dollar store flower and made everything so "Vicki Chrisman" with the glimmer mist - you rock girl!

Mary Arima said...

You DO rock, Vic!!! I, too, wish I could take a class with you! 7th heaven, I tell ya!

Hugs!

M.

debbiek said...

Sure would love to take one of your classes too, Ms. Vicki! You are so sweet to show us what you create though so thats fun in itself:)

Those photos of the food are making me awfully hungry....Think I'll bake some of those banana muffins right now!

Rbarakat said...

That class looks like fun! Not to mention the yummy food!!! Wish I was there! How lucky are those ladies to gt such a fabulous teacher!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

I knew I wasn't the only one that wished they lived in Nebraska just to take a class with you!!!! Your reputation is growing far and wide..and deservedly so!
SO glad you could use the trim...we must have telepathy...that you had a project just waiting for that...I knew you would make great use of it...beautiful projects..!

Amy Hall said...

you inspire me Vicki! Thanks so much!

Amy Hall said...

I am telling you ladies.............a class with Vicki is pure HEAVEN! Put it on your bucket list..........it is a must do in life! WHOOP WHOOP Vicki!

harrahx2 said...

Just seeing this post today. Wow, it looks like you had a great time. Lots of ideas for my next projects.

cards4u said...

So glad I stopped by now I have something to do with those VERY ripe bananas in the refrig : ) Great box and the food looks yummy!!