Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tattered Angels and Fancy Pants for March

Each month Tattered Angels teams up with another manufacture, and our Design Teams work both companies products together. YAY.. this month is Tattered Angels/Fancy Pants!!! You should pop on over to the blogs to see what these talented girls created this month.
Tattered Angels Blog
Fancy Pants Blog
This weekend I'm getting together with 4 of my very dearest friends. Girls I have been friends with for a very long time.... and I cant wait to see them! I made a little something for each of them. The frame I altered below is for my friend Daun. This little doll is her granddaughter.


I used Fancy Pants papers , buttons and transparency with Glimmer Mist, and Chipboard pieces from Tattered Angels.

The pieces above are some of the new Chipboard pieces from TA. I used some FP transparency behind the frame.


Glimmer Mist colors used: Tuttie Fruiti and Olive Vine
I added some sticklers to accent some areas.
Cant wait to see my friends... I've missed them!
*********************************************
I had to go get groceries today. ick.. glad that's over. lol
But I thought I'd show you some other good deals I ran across when I was out and about. This Metal hanging calendar, at TJ Max for $10. wooo hoo

and this little cutie for $7. I walked away from it once..but couldn't stand it..so now it's mine.

I always have to run into "The Junction" when Im anywhere near, just to see if there is some little treasure I might miss. ( plus.. I love looking for junk... um... I mean .. TREASURES!)
I found these really cool "paper like"flowers for $2. They are SCREAMING for Glimmer Mist!!! I can just tell by the feel of them ..they are going to take Glimmer Mist SO well! I cant wait to give it a try. I'll be sure to show you.

Aren't they pretty?

So besides those and, that rock'n little muffin tin,..that will certainly be holding a little stash of embellishments here on my desk... I got some amazing doilies on a dollar table.
They are all soaking in oxy clean as we speak. I have plans to make some covered albums with them. Something I've had in my mind for some time.
I couldn't help feeling sad when I as digging around in all of these gorgeous pieces that someone put so much time and effort into. Hours and Hours spend on making them.. and they are all just tossed in a bin. I look at doilies and needlework and wonder who made it??where did it come from? on and on. I have a few that were my Grandmas and Dans Grandmas, along with one my niece Diana made me.. and I treasure them! I hope whoever made the
ones I got today would be happy they are getting used and enjoyed (by ME!)

*******************
Getting my hair cut and colored in the morning. yay I'm needing a little pick me up .. it's been a long winter! ( I did see something for a minute today.. It was big and bright.. I think it might have been the sun!!) But it was gone in a flash. lol
Have a great St Patricks Day everyone!
I have corned beef and cabbage ready for the crock pot.



13 comments:

Rbarakat said...

Girl you always come up with the cutest projects! That Olivia is ADORABLE! How fun are those finds! I love it when you find fabulous stuff! Justpoppin in to say hey!

Susan said...

You find the best stuff! Those flowers are to die for - especially once they are misted! Can't wait to see what you do with them.
Susan

Deb Plapp said...

WOW! Love that calendar from T.J's. I just bought a couple of really nice shadow box pieces the other day. I'm thinking about displaying some old buttons on original cards that I have in them. They have a nice linen colored background and the frames are off white. Really happy to have found them, and they were just $12.99 each. Gotta love T.J. Maxx

Jan said...

Nummy! I can almost smell your corned beef and cabbage! Your house is gonna smell so good :)
Love your beautiful frame and your newest treasures!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki! Funny- cuz when I go to my nearest "junk/treasure" store- I am always wondering the same thing...just WHO made them..what is their story? Love those flowers and cant wait to see what u do with them! The photo frame is to die for! :) hugs, Jane

harrahx2 said...

Good Morning Vic. The doilies are beautiful, flowers werer a steal and the bunny/chick is too cute. Doesn't look like grcoeries to me. Hmmm, are you starving your husband? Sending smiles, we see that burst of color today also, um, I think it's called the sun??

debbiek said...

Love your new calendar and all the other goodies you picked up. Especially the flowers!!! Wish I could go junkin' with ya...lol. How fun your blog always is:) Hope the sun shines for you today!

Elly said...

Your frame is just gorgeous!!! Great combination, Fancy Pants and Tattered Angels! Your finds are great, love the cute rabbit and his little friend miss (or mister!) chickie.
Have a nice day, hopefully with lots of sunshine!

cards4u said...

The frame turned out great!! Love how the DP picks up the color of the hat! And I would say you did very well on your treasure hunt!! Make me want to get out and do a little hunting or whatever you might call it myself : )

chelemom said...

Love your altered frame!!! Your friend will dearly love it I am sure!!! Great finds too!

stampqueen said...

What a great layout with your friends sweet little girl!!!
And what a great bunch of treasures - love the calender, and the flowers, oh and the crochet pieces!!! Lucky you!!!

Catherine said...

I'm sad.....cause I wish i was out shopping with you ;-) Looks like you found some great deals!
your project is gorgeous too!

Precious Treasures said...

love those flowers and that calendar is awesome