Monday, April 26, 2010

Chipboard house vase holder/ and a little look in to Miami Rose Vintage Shoppe

Here it is the second day of the Crafty Secrets Celebration week. Today I did a project using one of the Sweet Chips Chipboard houses. I've wanted to do this for some time now.. and finally did it. I thought it would be cute to cut out the windows and door and make an opening in the top, so I could make it a vase holder for flowers. I wish I would have had some fresh flowers for the vase..but we're settling for silk flowers today. lol

The papers I used are from the Classic Paper Pad, and the stamp from the "Card Sentiments" stamp set.



You can see on the packaging below , all the die cut accessories that come with the chipboard house. They are so fun to decorate! Of course for this one, I cut out the spaces where the doors and windows are also, but you wouldn't have too. I just thought it was fun to be able to see vase inside.


** If are interested in seeing other samples of the house all done up in different themes, check them out here in the Crafty Secrets Gallery HOUSES
Besure to check out the Heartwarming Vintage blog for todays giveaway info.

***************************************************************
Okay... a few more photos from my trip to AZ. Check out this fun place!

Does this look Glorious or what?

I'll take that chandelier please!
.. and that floral print on the back wall.
pretty cool place huh

Just the color combinations on the walls with the contrast of that
awesome ornate black door frame .. is enough to make me giddy. LOVE IT!
Not to mention all the treasures that filled this room.








Oh.. if I just had a never ending amount of money, time to do nothing but go to these fun places and treasure hunt... oh.. and have a huge house to hold them all. Ahhhhh

A girl can dream right. lol

14 comments:

Ann Flower said...

wow...your Chipboard house vase holder looks awesome. I have never seen anything like it. Keep on posting.

Sarah said...

Your vase holder is so sweet!
Too bad you won't have time to do some junkin' while you are in TX in June.

Jan said...

Great antique shoppe and your little house is adorable!!

debbiek said...

Ohhhhhhh, Vicki! Love your little chipboard house. What an adorable gift that would make for mother's day! Looks like you had fun too at the antique store. Makes me want to hit the yard sale thingy here. Can't wait until it warms up a bit so people can start having them:)

stampqueen said...

I LOVE the chiopboard house as a vase holder- an awsome idea!!!!
So jealous of all your AZ pics!!! I love Pheonix, Mesa, Globe, Pace, Sierra Vista, Tuscon.....haven't been that way in ages!!!!

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! Your vase/house is gorgeous! I LOVE how it's decorated!

cottagerca said...

Can I go with you on the treasure hunt?....smile

Precious Treasures said...

I need that chandelier for the store. LOL

Pinky said...

Uwwwww, The Birth Announcement Shadowbox is devine! I am addicted to Crafty Secrets. I ordered and sent a nice box full of Crafty Secrets to a cousin in Montana. Hoping I'd replenish my "stash" in Mesa, AZ. this year. Missed seeing you there....... So happy to have your site wherever I go. Thanks for the inspirations!

Karen said...

Beautiful work. Please enter me in the $50.00 give-away!

tamra kennedy said...

beautiful work! Vintage rose looks mighty tempting!

Gabi Schmidt said...

I love your creativity. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Beej said...

Fun shop, I could spend hours in a place like that. Love the Bird House and Vase with flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love the chipboard house and the pictures. The chandelier is awesome.

Pamela