Monday, April 12, 2010

Fairy Banner and a bit of sharing

CKC Mesa with Tattered Angels
_________________________________________
Well, I'm just about all packed and ready to go. I'll be in Arizona tomorrow. I'm taking my lap top, and will hope to share some photos and blog a bit over the next week..but will have to see , time wise, how it all plays out. I'm looking forward to seeing family while I'm there! And... If you are going to be in Mesa for CKC ... Please come by the Tattered Angel book and say hello!! I'll be there demoing and doing Make and Takes, all day Friday and Saturday.
_________________________________________

I have been meaning to tell you how much I love this book ! It is a new book out from the sweet and talented Lisa Pace. I always like to share good finds and inspiring things, so it's only right I tell you about "Delight in the Details". If it's inspiration you want.. you'll find it here for sure. WTG Lisa!!


______________________________________

I've been working on some projects of my own the past few days. Here is a new banner I just finished.

I used the "Altered Fairy" Creative Scraps Sheet from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming vintage for this banner.


I just cut the pennant pieces myself out of left over chipboard.

Added CS papers, images, stickers and then a few extra embellishments.

All of the images I used where from that one sheet of Fairies.

I was having lots of fun with this. Don't be surprised if you see more of these down the road. I have another one that says "CREATE", hanging in my studio. It's quite a bit bigger than that one. I used the Accucut Pennant #6 die for that one. (I love it because it's larger and scalloped!)

_________________________________________
Of course .. as soon as I plan to leave to go some place warming ,.. it's supposed to be close to 80 here to day. lol Oh well I'm just glad Spring has finally arrived. The evenings have been so beautiful!

Hope to be posting and sharing photos here over the next week from sunny AZ!

15 comments:

Marlene (cards4u) said...

WOW - this is great!! Thanks for all the closeups! I am definitely delighting in the details : )

Jan said...

Have a fun and safe trip :) Wish I were closer so I could stop and visit with you!
Your Fairy Banner is so cute!

Bettyann said...

Have lots of fun..post pics when you come back..be happy with family...safe trip byby

Rbarakat said...

That banner is adorable! have a great trip!

Julie said...

Lucky you, Vicki! I miss Arizona--lots of family in Mesa, Tempe & Phoenix...need to get out there again soon! Can't wait to see your pictures!

I ALMOST made myself a banner today--how funny! Been thinking about doing one...now I'll have to...you've inspired me--again!

Hope you have a wonderful trip--enjoy the warmth and fun!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet banner Vicki, have a safe and fun trip. Take care, ~Diane

~Sasha Farina~ said...

speaking of detailed work..yours is awesome as well, V! love that banner. wish i can say I'll see you in Mesa :(

stampqueen said...

Great eye candy today - adorable banner. Love the sunset picture!!!!
You day at the flea market looked like lots of fun too!!!

Anonymous said...

Great banner, Ms. Vicki! Your projects are always outstanding. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Be safe and have a great time....

Lisa M. Pace said...

Thanks for the kind words regarding my book. You are so sweet and it was great getting to meet you in person at CHA.

Michele said...

This is gorgeous! Can you pack me in your suitcase? : )

stampdiva said...

What an amazing banner. Thank you for the close up details. Lynne M

Catherine said...

Have a safe trip, LOVE the sunset picture - wish we were having that kind of weather right now! Miss you!

Precious Treasures said...

oooooooh I want to make one of those pennant garlands now. I need more hours in the day. :)

Earline said...

Love the banner hope you have fun in Arizona. Don't forget the sun and the sun picture to take