Saturday, April 10, 2010

Flea Market Saturday

Woo Hoo... had some fun with my sissy today! We took in the Flea Market bright and early this morning. Boy were there alot of people there. Any time I get to spend the day with my sis is awesome anyway..but this was extra fun!

Lots of pretties to look at.

Some higher dollar things..and lots of just "stuff". I love looking through "Stuff".. and so does Jan... so what one of us doesn't see the other usually will. lol

Yes.. we "enable" each other.lol We both pick things up and talk about what it would look like painted.. or how it could be altered.
Jan got this table for $10.. with plans to paint it white and distress it.


Super Cute stuff in this booth.

Check out this gorgeous mirror!

We both found lots of little goodies. Here are some of my treasures from the day.



Lots of cool stuff inside that big "threads" jar.

The entire pile for $2. Defiantly going to be a part of some altered projects.

I got 4 of the most darling little books for $1 ( for all 4)


Entire flat of sheet music for $5


Most awesome book for great "book print" pages for $1 and that wood birdhouse (to be altered) for $1.
Considering it only cost $3 to get in ... we had us some fun for little of nothing. lol Of course we have fun anytime we're together


Oh yeah.. there was this too.....


lol... we had lunch (which has to include a margarita when you eat at Mazatlan) because theirs are THE VERY BEST ANYWHERE!
Oh.. my .. lunch was SOOOO good!
But I have to tell you.... this is why I always have a good time when I'm with my sister. When the margaritas came she said... "Oh it would make me so happy if I had a little umbrella in this" I laughed at her..thinking .. Oh..that's cute.
NO.. she meant it. The next time the waitress came by.. she said... " Do you think we could get little umbrellas?" ahhahahaahh
(in all fairness ..they have been coming here for years and know all the waiters and waitresses by name I think)
Here comes the waitress with two little umbrellas.. and says.. "I thought you'd like PINK"...
Oh.... OF COURSE!
life is good!

23 comments:

Elaine said...

I just knew it was going to be a fun post when I saw the title! So glad you had fun and got to spend time together! Looks like you scored and so did she with the table!!

LindaC said...

'Ran' right over from FB to see what you bought at the flea market. You have some great finds.
I just knew there would be wooden spools and doilies in your pile. Every time I go to our local junque store and pick something up I say to myself, 'what would Vicki do with this?' You are such an inspiration!

Ali said...

Awesome to the 10th power Vicki!!!!! Great fun and finds!

janel said...

What a great day. Looks like so much fun. I can just hear the two of you giggling after those "umbrella drinks". Glad it was a great day!

Cathy said...

So jealous...we just don't have great flea markets like that here in SD. Love all your treasures!

Thanh said...

HA HA HA!!! Thanks for taking all those photos, Vicki! Feels like I was right there with ya shopping.

Nat said...

how awesome- I so wish we had a cool flea market like that here. Love the pics!

peggylee said...

whooo love the pics, flea markets are the best...whoooo the pile of lace for $2 what a steal can't wait to see what you create with those gems...

harrahx2 said...

OMG, I don't know which of your bargains is better! I love the childrens books. I love the doilies (or as my husband would call them: Dooleys). I love the picture with the margarita! I love that you are having such a grand time. I never find such great treasures around here...must be a midwest thing! Hugs...

Creative Mish said...

Looks like alot of fun!! I haven't been to a flea market for awhile...

debbiek said...

Ahhhh, flea market finds! How fun! Glad you got to spend time with your sister and found lots of goodies. That margarita looks mighty fine and I LOVe the "pink" umbrellas...lol:)

1CardCreator said...

Wow Vicki, looks like you had fun and oohh the finds look awesome! So nice you could share your love of great finds with your sis and us! Take care, ~Diane

Deb Plapp said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Love the umbrella. Lots of cool goodies too.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Thanks for sharing your goodies...just love seeing the bargains people find. Yup, there's nothing like time shared with sisters, is there? Especially if it involves a margarita!

Elly said...

Wow, what a gorgeous finds!!! Love the books and your jar filled with all kinds of goodies. I went this morning to a brocante fair with my sister, it was very cold, but we had a great time! But I spent more money than you did, you lucky girl!

MJ said...

My heart still pings whenever I see you threatening piano music!! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Precious Treasures said...

Where was the flea maket? The photo of you is my new favorite!!!!!!

When is the Venice flea market again? Maybe we can go together?

Susan said...

What a wonderful day - and you both scored great bargains! Love the umbrella.
Susan

The Rambling Papercrafter said...

I missed going to the flea market this weekend. I have found some good things when I have gone. You were in my area of Lincoln also. I love the margaritas at Mazatlan. Yummy! Looks like you got some great treasures!

Catherine said...

oh my - it's a GOOD thing I wasn't there - we would have fought over the music sheets....wow, lucky you!

Jealous of the 'rita - I could go for one of those right about now!

ha ha ha. the word verificaton to post this is fleadog... ;-)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful day with your sis!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh what a wonderful day it must have been! I am drooling over the photos of goodies at fabulous prices. The antique places here are few and they want top dollar for every little thing. In fact my friend and I found a table just like the one your sis got and it was marked $29.00! Yikes, not to mention it was totally wobbly so we left it there. {But I giggled a little beause we both commented how cute it would be white and distressed!} And that photo of YOU is soooo great. I think it might need to be your new fb profile pic. *smile*

Pattyjo said...

Wow Vic, the drink is bigger than your head! It sure looks yummy!
Your #1 Fan
Pattyjo