Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Pickle Barrel..... Oh... I was loving this place!

I have so many things I want to share with you from my trip..but this place was so fun I have to tell you about it. I took tons of photos. I could have spent the entire day here easily! It's called the "Pickle Barrel". It's located in Globe AZ.
It was filled with all kinds of fun stuff... inside and out! Oh.. and thanks Darin for the laughs.. what a fun place with friendly people. If your anywhere near... make time to check it out. You wont be disappointed!

You can look at these photos and just know it's a place I would love huh? lol
These treasures are all outside before you ever get inside. You could spend hours out there before ever going inside.


Such a fun place!!

just looking at these photos makes me want to go back.

Tons of fun vintage finds and beautiful antiques at this end of the building. Yes... I was in heaven! ( this is one end of the inside of the building)



more fun photos from outside.


Really cool displays all over the place. Just cool fun and silly stuff all over the place!


The windows were filled with beautiful glassware.


eye candy everywhere!


I want it all


To top it off,... it was a GORGEOUS Day!

Don't you just want to go walk around and check it all out?


There are not enough big suitcases to take home , all that I would have wanted.
So sad for me. I did get a few little things ... but my suitcases where maxed out.

So ..here's the addy, if your ever in the area... treat yourself to a fun time and spend the afternoon checking this place out. Be sure to chat with Darin.. he's such a friendly guy. I'm bummed because he has a blog telling about the history of the town that I really wanted to check out ,but for the life of me, I cant find the link. I'll have to check with my sis, maybe she has it.

The entire town was just so cool.

And the drive there from Apache Junction was so beautiful!

You know me ..being a Nebraska girl... anytime I get to spend the day, with a view of the mountains or near the ocean when I travel ... I'm HAPPY! We don't get to see much of either of those around here. lol

Pretty huh?

Totally enjoyable day!!!
****************************************************************
Okay.. on another note.... there is some SUPER FUN stuff coming up from Crafty Secrets ...................................

Please join our WEEK LONG CELEBRATION for National Scrapbook Day April 26 to May 1st ! We will have some great prize giveaways, really cool samples and each day will include something inspiring and FUN! Our Design Team Challenge will be on Sat April 26



Check out some fun new things just posted on the Heartwarming Vintage blog!

********************************
Time to get on with the day~! ENJOY!!!

7 comments:

Nat said...

oh my - this must have been sooo much fun!!!!

Jan said...

What fun! The gates and birdhouse are real beauties!

Sassy said...

I live in Mesa and have never been to the Pickle Barrel but sure want to go now.....I found your blog when I went looking at Tattered Angel stuff.....love it ALL....by the way on one of my posts on my blog a few back I have a picture of one of your pretties from the convention....I was blown away that it was paper towel.....so much talent.....if you don't mind I will keep coming back...you are so talented...thank you for taking time and coming to the convention...not sure if you'll remember me or not I was wanting to do your make and take and you had run out.......I was the sad one...hahahahaha thanks again!

Carpet Rug Cleaning said...

What a wonderful view. I love to go to places like that and have some adventure.

debbiek said...

Wish I could visit that Pickle Barrel. Looks like a person could spend hours in there! Thanks for sharing the pixes. So glad you are having a great time, Vicki!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Vicki! What an awesome place! I wana go! tooooo cool!

Pearl Maple said...

Oh much too much temptation lurking in every corner there. Looks like a fab day out for a creative mind.