Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Crafty Secrets new stamp set "Art Studio"

Oh.. finally.. I have Internet back. We had a thunderstorm that took me out of the Internet world for a bit there. I should have used this time to catch up on some up coming deadlines..but no.. it was Dans day off , so we cleaned the garage. Not fun.. but at least it's done.. and that feels good! Lets hope the creative juices start flowing tonight... because I have plenty I need to be working on. I did have some fun yesterday with this fun new stamp set coming out from Crafty Secrets. It's called " ART STUDIO" and it's fantastic.
I decided to do a little swatch book to have handy , that would have numbers and colors of different pens, paints, markers, mists, and other mediums. Easy to stick in your purse to take with you when you are shopping. You have no idea how many times I buy doubles because I forget what I have .. or the colors are so close I cant tell. Hopefully this will help.

I did all kinds of fun techniques in my book, just for fun.

Paint, Glimmer Mist, embossing powder, crackle medium, ink....oh yeah

I can tell you I'm pretty sure this stamp set is going to one I will just leave out on my desk because I'm going to be using it ALOT! Every stamp on this set it so cool!


see what I mean.

So the inside pages are filled with samples and numbers. Speaking of numbers... isn't that stamp cool?


Glimmer Mist colors above then Pan Pastels below.

Lumieres ( shelf stamp below each color)

Gel pens and Copic colors

As I started on this I realized quite quickly.. that I really should have been working on a much larger book. lol I think it would really be fun to do one with just techniques also. hmmmm... something to think about for a future project.
********************************************************
Jarad and Kate stopped out for a bit yesterday. It was great to see them. They have been so caught up working on "house" projects.. we don't see as much of them these days. Today when I was in town I stopped by their place to drop off some things.. and saw how they were coming on the bathroom they are putting in the shop. I had to laugh because they said they were taking photos of each step as they went. ( with their fun new camera). Kate, suggested that maybe I wanted them for a step by step to use here on my blog. lol I think I'll leave the " how to install a toilet"for someone else. lol Seriously though, I'm so proud of those kids.. they don't let much stop them .. they just take on one project after another, and I think it's so cute that they do it together!
******************************************************
Remember that the girls are posting all kinds of cool things for National Scrapbook month , over on the Tattered Angels Educators blog this month.
the 11th Stayce Dewid
16th will be Natalie Kalbach
******************************************************
Reminder!~
I'd LOVE to have you join in a fun little challenge. **just for fun**
You can read about it here in this post. CHALLENGE

What to do???All you have to do is CREATE!
1) Create anything "out of the box" for you!
2) Shoot me an email letting me know you plan to play
3) Post it on your blog on Sunday night May 16th or at the latest "early"Monday morning May 17th ( I'll be posting my project on my blog with links to everyone who will play along at 10am Monday morning)4) Send me the link to your blog post so that I can post it here on my blog. ( email above). Once I post the links .. you can get them from my blog to post on yours if you want to do that,..but that's up to you.The goal is just to get you to stretch your creativity! AND have fun!
Simple as that!
Challenge yourself!



10 comments:

Julie said...

Such a fabulous idea, Vicki--looks great! I was planning to play with my new stamps tomorrow.

Still trying to think of something for the challenge...there's been too much going on here this week! I'll get it done, though!

Hope you're having a great night!

Jan said...

Now that's a great idea! I have purchased doubles too cause I tend to forget what Copics I have!
Love the different techniques you've used!

debbiek said...

Love your art project, Vicki! How cool is that stamp set:)

So happy for your son and Kate. Bravo for them tackling home projects together....

Have a good weekend!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely fabulous ... love those new images.

Anonymous said...

OMG, where and when can I get that stamp set for Art Studio? I love it, you did a wonderful job using it. Thanks. Marcy
mantle@piedmontcenter.com
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

Jane Wetzel said...

omg...so WHEN can we get this new ART set???? I WILL HAVE to break down and purchase this one for sure!

Bev said...

oooo, I'm gonna have to get me that stamp set! LOVE that little book! How cute and I do the same thing...come home and have doubles!! Thanks for such a great idea!

Catherine said...

I love your project!!

Michele said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I would like to do the challenge too....but man oh man.....life is busy this time of year!!!!

Cynthia said...

Great sample book, Vicki! I can't wait to see the release of this set. It looks fun.