Monday, May 10, 2010

Catch up day

Feels good to be home and catching up on things. I need to get busy creating so I have something to share here besides photos. lol I do have something creative to share today .. thanks to my friend Natalie Kalbach. I "heart" you Nat!
She did an amazing project with my shadowbox die ( available pre cut HERE), Crafty Secrets "Altered Fairies" Creative Scraps, and various Tattered Angels products. Here's a little sneak peek.. but you can see it all on her blog post HERE



and speaking of Nat... Look at what I got in the mail today! I canvas Nat made for me of the day that , her, Cat and I finally got to meet in person! (after many years of us all being friends online). It was a happy day! Lots of hugging and chatting going on. What a fun surprise in the mail today. Thanks so much Nat.. I LOVE IT!

**************

I also love the fact that Nat and I are both on the Tattered Angels DT together.. so I wanted to remind you that there are great tutorials and creative ideas being posted and the Educators blog, all this month for National Scrapbook Month. Today Cheryl Mcadam and tomorrow Stayce Dewid will have their projects posted. Check it out~

_________________________________________


I HAVE A PHONE AGAIN!!!!!
trust me.. you have no idea how much you depend on your phone ..until you don't have one for a few days! ( oh.. btw.. I decided to buy insurance on this one..since I've now had two that have had "accidents". lol


After getting my phone today, Mom and I had lunch with Wes and Shel. Kind of a belated Mothers Day. It was really nice.
I had made this simple little photo album (late last night) for Shel to keep some photos in to keep her from getting so homesick. Poor girl.. Australia is a long way away. I know she really misses her family.


I've been luv'n on my pups since I've been home. They make me so happy! Boy did I miss them.

Oh.. yeah.. speaking of things that make me happy. Nanette and I saw this at the airport and I had to give them a try because I LOVE coconut. All I'm say'n is.... OMGOSH if you like coconut.. you better run the other direction if you don't want to get hooked on these. YUM!
(they are gone now.. and for my own good I hope I never find them again) lol


It's rainy, rainy , rainy here.. a cozy evening to stay in and play with my new Crafty Secrets Goodies! Off to play!

***

Reminder: I'd love to have any of you play along with this challenge I posted last week. We'll be posting our projects a week from today. Read about it here in this blog post.

What to do???All you have to do is CREATE!

1) Create anything "out of the box" for you!

2) Shoot me an email letting me know you plan to play vickichrisman@hotmail.com

3) Post it on your blog on Sunday night May 16th or at the latest "early"Monday morning May 17th ( I'll be posting my project on my blog with links to everyone who will play along at 10am Monday morning)4) Send me the link to your blog post so that I can post it here on my blog. ( email above). Once I post the links .. you can get them from my blog to post on yours if you want to do that,..but that's up to you.The goal is just to get you to stretch your creativity! AND have fun!

Come on .. play with me!!! pretty please?

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love that peek of Nat's shadowbox--so cool! I'm about to start another one...they're addicting, Vicki!

What have you been doing to your phones......?

Looking forward to the challenge! Got a couple of ideas of things I don't normally do...got to get working!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

stampqueen said...

Lots of great pics today!!!
My goal for the week is to finish my altered briefcase in time for saturday!!!! wednes and thursday look to be the days....

Elly said...

Lovely shadowbox!!! I love that vintage-style! So sweet you received that canvas, a memory for a lifetime!
And those M&M's I've never seen... but I think that's for the better! I'm a real M&M's addict!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs Elly

Jan said...

Love the shadowbox and the canvas :)

harrahx2 said...

Don't have a blog........can I still play? Of course silly, we can always play. How is Aly? Glad you are home and you really sound up! Good for you. Beautiful projects you posted and did you know that when your phone gets wet, you can put it in a bag of rice and leave it set for a couple of days and it dries out? Hugs!

Nat said...

Yeah for your new phone!!!!

I'm so glad you like the canvas - I had so much fun thinking of you and cat while creating it :)

Precious Treasures said...

Flea Market in Venice is Saturday, want to go??? Im planning on being there by 7:30 am. :)

Linda Beeson said...

he-he! By accident I found those coconut M&M's and had to try them! They are wonderful and I have not seen them since! What is up with that?

DeniseLynn said...

I too love the coconut M&M's!! I got a couple bags one day at a check out when the lady told me they were a new product. Well I fell in love and haven't found them since ... and I've searched everywhere!