Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fabric Flower Fun

One week from today I'll be heading out, so I've been busy gathering class supplies and making piles of things I need to remember to take. I'm always afraid I'm going to forget something so I start the gathering process way ahead, as I think of things. ha... guess what the spare bedroom is getting used for?
*****
Yesterday I worked on these fabric flower pins for my teachers assistants.
I'd never made them before but have seen so many different varieties done up over the past few months. I started thinking.. hey.. why couldnt I use an accucut flower die for making these. So....
I used my Accucut die F1440J for making these. Sure helps when you can cut a number of them at one time.

They are pretty easy.. just a little bit of layering and gathering with embroidery floss. I found adding tulle or lace between a couple of the layers really gives them more lift and dimension.
I just used some fabric scraps I had around here. They were pretty..but when I was all finished with the flowers.. I sprayed them all lightly with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. It was the perfect fishing touch.

**********************************************
Here's one of my projects for Tattered Angels this month. This butterfly screen has to be one of my most favorite screens. I love butterfly images!

The tag is one from this pack of Tailored Tags. They are all gorgeous.

Here are the new Clear Compacts that work with the Tattered Traveler Framed Fonts. The Tattered Traveler clock stamp works perfectly with these.

***************************************************

If you were a dog.. wouldn't you want to lay in a big pile of vintage lace? lol I had it all out on the floor in my studio, sorting through it picking what I need for the project I was working on .. when I get a phone call (turning my back for a few minutes).. and look who thought it would be a soft cushy bed. lol


______________________________________
It was so windy here yesterday, my poor peonies and lilacs were out there getting wind whipped. I decided I better go out and pick some before the heat and wind took their toll on them. Good thing I did, because we had storms last night. I'm enjoying these that I saved. These aren't totally opened up yet.. so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy them for a while.

Wishing you all a great week!

18 comments:

Angelika said...

Wow....great!

Sarah said...

Those tattered tags are going on my shopping list!
Your flowers turned out really cute!!

Thanh Vo said...

LOL Oh she makes me laugh! But who could blame her... all that cushy ribbon would be lovely to lie down in!

LindaC said...

The tag is gorgeous...my cat sits in the middle of my stuff also...love those fushia peonies! Lovely!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE those fabric flowers!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

totally got to get those tags...and I LOVE your flowers..keep saying I want to make some! BTW..your pup on the ribbon is soooo sweet! he he he!

Jan said...

AWWW..I love your dog and it's beautiful all wrapped in vintage lace!
Beautiful flowers for your helpers!

Carmi said...

I finally got to use my shadowbox dies! Love them...posted images on my blog yesterday!

Debby said...

LOVE the flowers

Pattyjo said...

Your flowers are wonderful and I love the tulle idea for keeping them fluffy. Your tag is so cool and you always think of the perfect addition, having the music pleated ruffle on the bottom. It is your creativity that makes everything you make a masterpiece. THATs why I'm your #1fan!
Pattyjo

A Vintage Chic said...

Those are GORGEOUS flowers, Vicki! I want to be your teaching assistant!!!

Love that your pup knows the best place on the floor--that's what my kitchen table looks like at this very moment, by the way!

Don't work too hard!

Julie

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Those flowers are sooo cool! Love your doggie laying in the lace : ). And that tag you made is beautiful!

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Wow, these fabric flowers are gorgeous!!!!!! Love the colors! And the tag you made is also very beautiful, thanks for this inspirational post!
Hugs, Elly

harrahx2 said...

I love the flowers, they are so awesome. I am totally addicted to flowers right now. (As you know) I am going to try to make some from cloth now. Aly is looking good in lace. Quite lovely.

debbiek said...

Love the flowers and tag Ms. Vicki! Aly looks cute amongst all that pretty lace. Can you blame a girl for wanting to pamper herself...lol! Have a great day:)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Love those pins and the pooch in the lace : )

~Sasha Farina~ said...

ah gorgeousness!

jan said...

Love your gorgeous flowers!