Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday already?

This week has gone by incredibly FAST for me.Wow. I'm trying to get things done up ahead so that I'll be ready to leave for TX about a week. If you plan to attend "The Great American Scrapbook Show" in Arlington... be sure to come by the Crafty Secrets Booth and say hello..See the goodies .. and sit down for a fun make and take! ( I'm pretty excited about what I'm doing after the TX show also... I'll tell you about that at the end of this post ) FUN!

___________________________
I've been wanting to share this yummy salad recipe with you for some time now and keep forgetting. It's my sister Jans recipe. All my sisters (and my mom) are amazing cooks.. so I have lots of fantastic recipes. This one is super easy by SO delicious! You can add or delete certain ingredients depending on what you like/dislike , I'm sure.

*** Basically it's Broccoli, Cauliflower, sliced water chestnuts, olives, red onion, a can of smoked almonds, and (either Ranch, or Creamy Italian salad dressing.. whatever you prefer). I use Ranch(with Bacon) and it was so tasty. Adding the almonds right before serving is best.

Recipe: Jan Jenkins
______________________________________________

Some very happy things happened this week also. Kates sister and her husband have been trying to have children for some time now.. and finally have just had this little darling, officially become their daughter!

Violet Christina Fiala ( isn't she a doll)

We will be attending a shower for them tomorrow. I asked Kate to send my any photos she has of their first day as a family, so I could use it for a project I had in mind.

Hope they like it.

Papers are K&Co and background piece from Kaiser Craft

Metal Tags... mom , dad, and "V" for Violet

Looking forward to meeting her in person tomorrow.
So happy for Christy and Ryan!
__________________________________________
Yesterday Gabby did my hair. Cut, Color ,Highlight.. oh .. so much better now.
She had just been up to her Grandmas in Western Nebraska, helping her go through her things. She brought one of the treasures she ran across to show me.
How cool that she would come across this , considering she is a beautician.

Wyatt is growing up to fast! Just had his 3rd birthday. He was pretty content to watch cartoons on the couch with a few marshmallows. He is a punkin.
Such a good by while his momma is here working her magic on my hair.

________________________________________

Okay.. this is what I'm SO excited about !! This is like a dream! As you may know .. I have become quite a fan of Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers thanks to Sandys husband Scott , introducing me to their music a few years ago. (he is a huge fan of them and has been for years and years). Anyway.. every June they put on this event in Puerto Penasco Mexico. For some time it's fallen on the same weekend as the TX show that we always attend... well... this year , it works out that it's the weekend after... so GUESS where we're going???

I am SO excited!!!


Puerto Penasco here we come!!!
Can you tell I'm pretty jazzed?
****************************************************
PS...... Be sure to help Tattered Angels Celebrate National Scrapbook Month~
Today on the Educator blog Karan Gerber has a gorgeous project posted.

6 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Gorgeous stuff, Vicki! So glad you get to go to the concert next weekend!

New baby Violet is a doll--so happy for them...and the chicken salad? YIKES! I want some NOW! THanks for sharing how to do it--have a wonderful weekend!

Jan said...

Your gift for the sweet new family is adorable! Your art is always beautiful!
Glad you get to teach in TX and hear some good music, too!

Maggie said...

I know Christy she works at FAMC as an interpreter we were so excited to hear about Violet! Cute album!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great frame - what a wonderful way to celebrate this precious new baby! Love how you hung the metal tags and your folded embellishment! Enjoy your time in Texas : )

Jane Wetzel said...

oh Vickie absolutely GORGEOUS!! Are those metal tags from CS also? wow wow WOW! Love em! Have fun in Texas and at your concert! :)

harrahx2 said...

That photo frame brought tears to my eyes, it is so perfect and beautiful. I swear Vicki.....you always manage to take my breath away but that frame???? OMG, beyond words. It really made me want to cry because it is so beautiful. Does it get any better???