Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pink Paislee / Tattered Angels Album

Have you seen these cool Pink Paislee ARTISAN ALBUMS? Soo fun! Tattered Angels and Pink Paislee teamed up this month for some fun. I had picked up this album at a show a while back ..thinking how cool Glimmer Mist would be on this album. This size album comes with the black printed design ,but on cream colored canvas. Color?? um... yeah! All you need is some Glimmer Mist. It worked so perfectly.




Remember a while back when I showed you the paper flowers I got at the flea Market? ( 2$ for all the flowers with the vase).. well they took Glimmer Mist just as perfectly as I knew they wood!


Here is a closer look at the glimmer misted cover.

This album has thick chipboard pages that work great for working with mixed media.
I have been wanting to do something with some of my favorite photos. I have lots that are favorites .. for one reason or another. Maybe because I wanted to remember "that" moment.... maybe because I loved the lighting , the color, the place? .. Just favorites. I thought this album would be great for that .. so..


Nothing like .. random photos .. like I said. What a difference. The left page photo was taken in Victoria BC and the right side photo .. the road behind our house.
These adhesive pieces are also from PP. The come plain..but of course I misted them. (the are really unique.. kind of foamy feeling).

I used gesso as my base on most of my pages, then added Glimmer Mist , either just randomly or using Glimmer Screens.

Photos below... Left side page- Ensenada Mexico, Right side Arizona


below... left side photo is the tree near the road , at the turn off to home. Photo on the right side... flowers in Apache Junction AZ.

I love this tree.. especially in the fall.

I added a little book print ,but other than that, all other papers are Pink Paislee.


Photo in the left side was taken in Bellingham Washington, and the right side...
our county road right in front of the house.


I kind of had to laugh as I was just explaining "where" my favorite photos were taken.. because , for every photo of someplace beautiful I've been lucky enough to have traveled to ................ there is a photo from "HOME". lol
It makes sense .. as much as I love to travel and see new places.. I love being at home.


Have a fantastic Day!
ps. sorry if some of you got this blogpost not completely finished, but blogger (or my computer) were dealing me fits! I swear I have been working on this post for 2 hours now. grrrr

11 comments:

Susan said...

Yum - gorgeous book! Love it! Where did you get those flowers? (Your post never said...)
Susan

Jan said...

LOVE your album and Pink Paislee is coming out with a new Parisian line that I can't wait to get mmy hands on!!

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

Love, Love, Love your book! It has inspired me to want to just create a little book for me to place my favorite things and places.

Love the Apache Junction photo my parents have a winter house there.

kathy/North Carolina said...

Vicki, will you be my neighbor? LOL! I just drooooool over everything you make. We are on the same wavelength. I've had so much fun "playing" with the little packet of goodies you sent me on the RAK Blog Candy giveaway. Everthing in it just suited me to a T. And when I see this album, well, we are sisters in spirit.

Jane Wetzel said...

just gorgeous- the flowers are so awesome- loving flea markets myself..I am learning from you to keep my eyes open more! lolol

Sarah said...

Oh, wow! I love your choice of papers but especially the book page. Fantastic album, Vicki!!

Kim Sonksen said...

The details are stunning!
And i am totally in love with the roses :)

Dawn said...

I think you did a great job hunny love the foamy corner thingys

Love Dawn xx

DeniseLynn said...

Vicki, this is so beautiful! I've been thinking about making some blank albums to give as gifts {and friends can just add their own photos} ... your album size is so fun. So many ideas so little time; I keep saying, "When the boys are both older ..." LOL!

Rbarakat said...

Gorgeous girl!

Precious Treasures said...

love the album and the flowers are beautiful!