Monday, July 05, 2010

A new layout and a Weekend recap

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! We celebrated the 4th with family. Food, firworks and some laughs. It was great to get together. You know after a holiday, I always share photos for family and friends. I put some photos into a slideshow at the bottom of this post.. you are welcome to take a look if you are interested. Jarad and Kate hosted the 4th of July celebration at their new home... so it was a kind of house warming also. I was so proud of them. They were great hosts and went out of their way to make everything so nice for for the party. All their hard work paid off .. it was great. AND even though we started out with a forcast of 70% chance of rain. ... The drizzle stopped and the sun even came out. yes!
( slideshow of photos below)

*************************************************************
I have a layout to share also. It's one using all Fancy Pants products.
I have designed for Fancy Pants since they came out with their first line, back in 2005. I took a break from a few things last year...but I'm happy to say, I'm once again back to join the Fancy Pants Design Team. Honored as always to be a part of this talented Design Team.
Fancy Pants has a brand new website now... you can check it out here..
Fancy Pants Designs


You can see this layout and other samples on the Miss Fancy Pants Blog .. using the "Road Show" Transparencies.

When I read the saying "Sit Quietly.. do nothing" all I could think of was this photo. lol

I used Fancy Pants Chipboard letters on this. I just colored them lightly using my CatEye inks from Clearsnap.


I added one of the little shells I found on this beach and incoorporated it into the layout. Can you see it?

Fancy Pants has lots of fun new things. You can see them all on the new website, or watch the blog for projects the DT has done "spotlighting" different lines and products each month.

*************************************************************

Oh.. one more thing I wanted to share. I make this "Sesame Chicken Salad" over the weekend , and it was yummy. Wanted to share the recipe. Here you go...
Special Sesame Chicken Salad

Recipe from Taste of Home

With its delicious mix of crunchy peanuts, tangy dried cranberries and mandarin oranges, this colorful pasta salad is a definite crowd-pleaser. Water chestnuts and a teriyaki dressing give this main dish its Oriental flare. —Carolee Ewell, Santaquin, Utah
22 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling

Ingredients
1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup white wine vinegar
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1-1/3 cups honey-roasted peanuts
1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
6 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very
large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and
pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
2 hours.
Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to
coat. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).

****************************************************************








I hope you have a fantastic start to your week!!



I'm pretty sure mine will have a great start because my favorite band plays in Omaha twice a year.. and Tuesday night is one of those times.. so guess where I'll be? you can probably guess who it is too huh? ) lol



8 comments:

Bettyann said...

So glad it didn't rain on your picnic..looks like the ffamily is well and had a great time..we spent July 1 to july 4 at our place in the woods near mt baker washington..take care..thanks for visiting my blog..been quiet getting ready for my son's wedding july 17...like your mexico layout..guess you wanna go back???

Gail S. said...

What a great scrapbook layout!! I love how you added the shells you found - really fun. Your pics of the 4th were great. It was nice to have a windfree, cooler day for the 4th. Usually it is hotter than hot and the wind is blowing 50miles an hour.

Jan said...

Great to see some of your beautiful family photo's! Lovin' your fancy pants LO :)

Lucy Edson said...

Congrats, Vicki! You and FP are a fabulous combination!! Your layout is beautiful!

Looks like you all had a wonderful 4th!! :D

Creative Mish said...

Love the Mexico Layout! The pink looks about the color of your feet :)
I'm going to try that salad recipe. It sounds really good

Nat said...

ohh what a beautiful and peaceful layout- I love it! Also lov ethe look of your salad....I come for dinner ;)

Thanh Vo said...

Viva Me-hi-co!!! LOL I'm going to have to bookmark that recipe.

Internet business at home automated system said...

Want more time with parents and children with family? Can operate as long as the trivial time
Welcome to learn a simple understanding of free market
http://sn.im/vemma_usa
Thank you for your time reading, do not give up the chance to even know, know no loss to you!