Thursday, July 01, 2010

Pretty Charms

I couldn't wait to show you what fun I've been having with the new Crafty Secrets Double sided "Bird and Blossoms" images and these Cool Metal frames from Fancy Pants. I was so impressed with these frames when I picked them up for the first time.. I knew I loved the shapes..but I was pleasantly surprised at the wieght of them. They are really nice! I love the quality of them.

The frames all come with a pattern for cutting the shape to fit perfectly inside the frame. So you can use images , photos ect.. whatever you want.
Fancy Pants Designs -"Artist Edition Metal Frames"

As you can see by my last couple of post... I'm pretty much in love with these new double sided Birds and Blossoms Creative Scraps. lol
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage- "Birds and Blossoms" Creative Scraps

Some of the frames will be great for necklaces.. and the larger ones.. we'll they will just be pretty to hang on things. I have one hanging from my end table lamps right now... and ask anyone who has ever been in my car.. I love hanging them from my rear view mirror. lol

I embellished each one a bit ... (just because it was fun), and added some charms and gems.


I used different colors of silk ribbon to hang these from ,but I've also used meatal ball chain also.. They are both available from Creative Impressions.... my favorite place for ribbons and fun stuff.

I've had this "heart cut penny" around here forever... now I've found the perfect place for it. This one will most certainly be a necklace.
There would be so many different images from Crafty Secrets that would work in these.. but I did all these from the Birds and Blossoms double sided sheets.
Christmas ones would make great ornaments for the tree and Spring for hanging from baskets. I was thinking I think they would look great around a vase of flowers or to hang from a gift bag. Great little keepsake if you wanted to use a photo on one side and an image on the other. Oh... I could go on and on..but you get the idea. lol Endless possibilities!
I love this big frame below.. it's the one I now have hanging from a lamp. I used that vintage ear ring piece and little bird because I thought it went with it so well. Which leads me to .......


the fun stuff I got in the mail today!!!
Hows that for a fun bunch of vintage goodness? When Viv emailed me asking if I would be in tested in some vintage stuff she was getting rid of... of course I said YES of course! So she said she'd box it up and send it my way. Well, I had no idea what a treat I was in for ...until the "boxes" came this morning. Yes.. "boxes".. two of them.. and they will filled with all kinds of little treasures.. lace, buttons ,flowers, vintage photos, bingo cards and ephemera and tons of other fun stuff. I was like a little kid.. sitting on the floor going though it all.
THANK YOU so much Vivlyn! I love it all!

****************************************************
Another beautiful summer day here. Enjoying a glass of suntea with lemon.
ahhhhh.... life is good! Enjoy!

12 comments:

Gail S. said...

Wow! Vicki - awesome post! I LOVE the new frames and what you did to them. Everyone is beautiful (I can't decide which is my favorite!) And the goodies you received in the mail - yummy! Have a great 4th of July weekend.

A Vintage Chic said...

I LOVE those frames, Vicki! Gonna have to order some of those now! They're just perfect with the scraps! And how lucky are you, my friend?! What a bunch of vintage fabulousness!!

Jan said...

I'm lovin these vinatge frames and your scraps are perfect!!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh, I am so loving the frames - they are perfect, and gorgeous with the birds inside! And lucky you on the boxes of vintage stuff - perfect for you!!

Rbarakat said...

OH MY GOSH! I love these! SImply gorgeous! How fun are those frames! And you lucky girl, I am looking at those vintage goodies and wow! Awesome! I gotta go get some of those frames!

kathy/North Carolina said...

These are great! And it must feel just like Christmas with 2 boxes of yummy vintage goodies to sort through over the weekend. Happy for you!

Michele said...

you know Vicki.......ahem....you could always share those goodies you got!!! :) Lovely pendants! I think I need to get me some of those frames now!

debbiek said...

So cute, Ms. Vicki:) Love the little frames with the adorable CS images. If Viv wants another person to adopt for vintage goodies, send her my way...lol! Have a safe and really fun 4th!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, these turned out to be real treasures. What great projects.

stampqueen said...

Those charms are wonderful!!! Another goodie to add to my very long list :) That box of goodies looks yummy - I can just see you sitting on the floor with treasures spread all around.....

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You're welcome! I love to see your vintage creations, so couldn't think of a better home for the goodies!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!