Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Fancy Pants "Lilac House" line

Before CHA I gave you some peeks at the new lines from Fancy Pants...but now show and tell is in full swing! Keep you eye on the Miss Fancy Pant Blog for Design Team projects, using all the new lines.
Here is the post using the NEW "Lilac House" line.


What a gorgeous bunch of papers! I love that all Fancy Pants papers are double sided and one side it as beautiful as the other. So many choices!
I did this layout of K showing off her little fairy outfit. Aunt Jan brought it for her to play in .. and trust me .. she was having some fun!

The flowers are Fancy Pants Stamps. I just stamped them on colored paper and cut them out to layer them. The leaves are FP chipboard pieces. Background swirls are also FP stamps.

jounaling reads: and the little girl suddenly became a fairy princess spreading happiness all across the land

I have always been a 8 1/2 x 11 scrapper..but I'm giving 12x12's a chance for DT layouts. Most of the frames for the boths at CHA are for 12x12's. Challenging yourself from time to time just helps stretch you creativity right? lol

**************************************************************
A fun little thing I just have to share. Look who is listed here
*** The Hottest Women Of Indie-Rock ***

yep.. that is our very own Neely Jo. I know I am a proud Aunt..but this sweetheart is every bit as beautiful on the inside as she is the outside. We are all so proud of all her accomplishments! She is not only a beauty..but talented , smart and the kindest soul I know. (right next to her momma).
I love her so much!
Here is the link. She is number 15
Photo credit: jedjake

***********************************************************
Ahhh Ha... speaking of girls in my life , that I love. Miss Aly found a new bed in my studio today. The other day when we were on our way home from the airport, Jan (my sis) and I, stopped at moms to take her to lunch. Jan took note of the suitcase that mom had set out for the trash man and wondered if I was interested. I hesitated ,but then decided to take it home to alter. I had it setting in my room (in about the spot on the floor that Aly usually lays). She acted like she wanted "in" it.. so I tossed a blanket in it.. and that's exactly what she wanted. In she went! She loves it. lol So .. I have now taken the extra pieces out of it, removed the tape and used goo gone to remove the sticky left from the tape. Now my plan is to make a cushion for it, and add legs.
I've seen the cutest little suitcase beds for little dogs ...but never thought of it for my bigger dogs. ... we'll see... I'm pretty much on a mission at this point. lol
Here are some links to the ones I've seen.
Cute one.. ( love how you can use the pocket to hold their toys) lol

I'll show you the finished project when I'm done. Until then Aly is pretty content. lol
*****************************************************************

Just one more thing I want to be sure to share with you....

Check out this video interview with Sandy Redburn in the Crafty Secrets Booth at CHA.... with Amy Coon for PaperLife. Really great video if you want to see the newly released CS goodness .. and a great tour of the booth.

Video

************************************************************

Enjoy your day friends!



12 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Beautiful layout, Vicki! The papers look just gorgeous!

Your SHOULD be a proud aunty! How cool is that?! Love her voice--well deserved honor! Some of their songs are definitely favorites on my iPod!

Hope you're getting some rest--looks like your pup is!

Julie

Jan said...

Love this new paper line and may have to get my grubby little paws on some :) Your shadowboxes would be beautiful with these papers.
Your Niece is a beauty and I can see why you're so proud!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Ok first off the fancy pants paper adorable lil Fairy K even more adorable! And your neice is Neely Jo OMG that is just soooo freakin cool! She is very beautiful!! Thanks for sharing those dog beds too cute and love your pup precious!

debbiek said...

Adorable little fairy girl and sweet layout, Ms. Vicki! Love Neely's music and wish her nothing but the best. Aly looks right at home in her new doggie bed....lol. So cute. Have a great day!

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Your lo is lovely as always!!! Love the cute little fairy too! And your dog..... oh my... isn't she adorable?????
Have a lovely week!
Hugs, Elly

Sarah said...

Sweet fairy...beautiful, deserving rock star...funny, lovable pup...great video interview with Sandy....I want those Halloween scraps...really cool!!!

Charlene said...

I'm thinking Aly loves it just the way it is MOM!!!! Wouldn't you be sad if you fixed it & she wasn't interested????? That face as she looks up to you in that photo is precious. Oh to have my baby girl back with me... I'd bring home a million suitcases & fill them with soft sweet goodness for her to lay & BE with ME! YES, Karla was a doll & Jessi so cute & full of life. HUGS! Charlene

Ali said...

What a wonderful post in so many ways! Everything looks great- Love theLO, your pride in your awesome niece, and that sweet sweet doggie in her fun bed!!!! Welcome Home Vicki! :) xox Ali

Valerie said...

That Lilac House paper is beautiful.
Congrats to your niece. I can feel your pride from here.
Last but not least that dog bed idea rocks. I might need to try it. TFS

harrahx2 said...

Okay, so here is where my mind was going today! K looks like a Neelie in the making....beautiful and sort of flitting like a tiny fairy, through life. Love that. Neelie looks great and is quite beautiful, more so than that picture. And Aly? Well, as I looked at the purse dogs in the little suitcases and I looked at Aly, I just laughed harder and harder trying to picture Aly in a purse! Too funny, all these little dogs. And one of the beds went for $1800 I think? Hellllllooooo! Helllohno!

Jane Wetzel said...

omg- just when I think I have heard it all- I come to your blog! First...your niece is so dang COOL...what a cutie...the lo is AWESOME and the pup in the suitcase is INSANELY AWESOME...OMG.. :) TFS!

Troy Louise said...

Pretty, pretty layout, as well as your lovely niece. What a fun bed for your Aly. Aren't dogs such characters. Can't wait to see what you do with her new "bed." Thanks.