Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Guest Blog: Amy Stewart from Precious Treasures in Fremont, NE

I was honored when Vicki asked me to be a guest blogger. I have known Vicki for almost 20 years and first met her when she worked at the local scrapbook store. I used to go in and buy handmade tags that she created and beg for more every time I came. I told her she needed to submit her creations as she was amazing! Her talent was lost in that little scrapbook store. NOW look at her, she is a superstar in the art world.. I think I should ask for her autograph as she is known nationwide. She never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. Speaking of being a superstar, last year for National Scrapbook day she came to my store (Precious Treasures) to teach classes. As a prank I had everyone act like paparazzi when she came in and had her autograph one of the books she had written. It was so funny!

Vicki is the most genuine person I know. What you see here on the blog is the real Vicki(amazing huh) I admire her so much and want to be just like her when I grow up. LOL


My daughter started at UNL this past week and I made these flowers for her dorm room.
Guess who taught me how to make them? Miss Vicki, of course!
At our store we have a HUGE bulletin board of photo's of people who inspire me and all the Diva's of scrapbooking. Vicki's photo is on there in multiple places.



This is Vicki's sister Jan. Big hearts and creativity run in their family.




This is when we turned Vicki over to the Diva-Side of life. :) Isn't she just adorable?

11 comments:

Home and Heart said...

Genuine people are treasures for sure!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love this - and the photos are too cute. What a fun prank you played on Vicki - she must have laughed really hard :)

Jan said...

love the flowers you made for your daughter's dorm room!! Vicki is a sweetie!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

I agree...I've never met Vicki, but she inspires me daily. I feel as though I know her through her blog. She is so open, warm and generous here, and that has to translate into real life. OK, everybody, group hug with Vicki!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

OMG how awesome to know that Vicki was originally tucked away in a little scrapbook store and now she's like the Diva of all Scrapbooking Diva's. Yay, yay yay for you Vicki!!!! haha totally love the pics, what a sweet post!! And those flowers are georgous! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with all of us!

Jane Wetzel said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers!! TFS the pics and YES..BIG HUGS to Vicki!

espills said...

Fresh air and new style!!!!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki is totally genuine and 100% adorable and kind and sweet and giving and caring and she makes just the perfect friend...ya know what I mean?

Precious Treasures said...

Love reading how Miss Vicki inspires others as well. Vicki is such a blessing!

Klo said...

You are BOTH awesome and BOTH talented. I love it when I get a chance to see you on the road Vicki and it is always fun to bump into you Amy when I'm down your direction...Thank you BOTH for sharing your talents with all of us

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Welcome Amy!! Now we are all going to want to move to Nebraska! What a great store - always love seeing the pics : ) And those flowers are great maybe my daughter would like some for her dorm? You're such a thoughtful mom - thanks for the inspiration!