Saturday, August 21, 2010

Guest Blogger Paula Bendig

Hey eveyone... It's Vicki here... posting for Paula (todays Guest Blogger). Paula is busy this week taking care of her little Grandson who has been sick... so I'm doing the writing part of this for her.

About Paula-
There is no doubt Paula is and has always been a create soul. She enjoys all kinds of Art, Pencil,Watercolors, Acrylics, Altered and Collage. She sews, quilts, writes, and creates with about anything she can get her hands on. It's true, she has always been a crafter, but now that her children are grown and out on their own, she has had time to pursue something she's always wanted to do... take college art classes. She has definatly taken her art to another level~


These are just a few pieces of Zetti that she has created. You can see more of her work on her blog. HERE are a couple of new pages she has posted.


One of the things I love most about her work, (beside the great use of color.. and the fun designs).. is listening to her explain the pieces. If you were to sit next to her while she was explaining her thoughts as she added the details and the meaning behind them.. you would be as amazed as I am. When you look at her work in these pages .. you might think they look so "free and Whimsical" ..but I've notice lots of little hidden things she has worked in..that have some connection to the message in the piece. (yep.. she's a deep thinker) lol


Another thing you miss, when you're just looking at these photos here,... is the fact that you can feel them and run your hands over them. ( lol The layers of papers pieces and use of different mediums makes you just want to "touch".


She used to do alot of ATC's but told me , she is really enjoying working on a larger scale. ( I'm glad she does.. also.. because there is that much more to enjoy!)



Zetti is something I've never tried..but I can certainly see how the "Creative Freedom" it offers would be so fun!

**
You will defiantly want to check out Paula's Blog and see all the other things she has going on . She has some great photos of her sketches, and quilts and.. oh yes.. vintage pretties.
Hope you are all having a great weekend!

ps.. I"ll be back with a quick post tonight announcing all three winners of the giveaways.

25 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohhh I love her work - thank you for sharing!!!

Annie said...

These are AMAZING! I would love to have them displayed in my home. I'm heading right over to look at the rest of her art. Thanks for the introduction, Vicki.

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Thanks for introducing me to Paula. Love her work.

A Vintage Chic said...

What amazing work Paula does--I've never heard the term "zetti"...apparently I need to get out more! Love the bold, bright style--very cool!

Hope you're having a great time, Vicki!

Julie

Jana said...

So very unique and totally amazing, so glad I stopped in.

Denise said...

Wow, these are breathtaking! Fabulous use of color, terrific design! I'll be sure to check out Paula's blog! Thanks for sharing her art with us!
DeniseB

1CardCreator said...

I love your work, it is amazing. So nice of Vicki to share your talent with us. Thanks, ~Diane

DeniseLynn said...

WOWZER!! The color and details are fabulous!! So nice to meet Paula ... another blog to add to my favorites!

Erika M. said...

Very cool creations - I have enjoyed all of your guest bloggers!

Linda Woerth said...

Zetti, this is a new one to me, the more you look at them, the more you discover. What a imagination Paula has. great work of art.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What amazing creations so fun and free! Lovin it :)

LindaC said...

Oh WOW, I love her work..would love to sit with her and hear her explain the emotions and thoughts behind each piece.

NanaBeth said...

Amazing. I just do not have that kind of free creative spirit-but I am in awe of those who do. She certainly helps to brighten the world with her art.

starqueen said...

Wow! I don't know what Zetti is, but I need to find out. Paula's work is so expressive and intriguing...I bet it's fun to touch, too!
Thanks for sharing!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Never heard of Zetti before, but it is really interesting. I love any kind of collage art, so this was a fun experience! Thanks!

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Wow... she is really a great artist! It looks all sóóó gorgeous!
Now I'm gonna ntake a look at the nother guestbloggers posts!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Linda said...

Gorgeous work...I love the style and all the rich colors!

debbiek said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Paula's work. Just awesome!!! She should write a book, it's so creative and very inspirational.

Catherine said...

These Zetti pieces are gorgeous - THANKS for sharing with us Paula and Vic! Enjoy your Sunday!

Maria said...

Wow! Amazing work!!! Never heard of "zetti" before today, thanks for sharing something new.

Mrsro said...

Amazingly creative & unique...so inspiring to look at other's visions and sense of style....thanks to both Vicki & Paula for sharing with us!!!

- Sheri

harrahx2 said...

Whimsical and fun and colorful and amazing! Vick, you are surrounded by talent but still you are THE talent! Hugs.......

Yvonne said...

Cool bright colors and neat designs!

Jane Wetzel said...

okay well...her work is FABULOUS..I am totally in awe of your guest bloggers!!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Paula, your work is amazing! I love the colors and they different items you put together, something i've never been brave enough to to. But you inspire me to try to get out of my box not just think outside it lol : ). Thanks so much for sharing some of your work, will definately be checking out your blog!