Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Oh.. it's such a Gorgeous Day here today you wouldn't believe it! I'm LOVING every minute. The windows are open, and the fresh air is so nice! I really despise having the air conditioning on in the summer , because I love having the windows open.. but there have been some miserably HOT days this past couple of weeks, where there is just no other choice. I sat out on the deck this morning with the pups and got to enjoy my plants and a little fresh air.
They are still looking fairly good despite last weeks heat.


I'm also happy because Wes was home last night. He had a wedding to go to, so stayed here last night. Seems like everyone has been so busy this summer, we haven't seen as much of the kids.. so having him here for a while was a treat. The dogs thought so too!
_____________________________________________


I still have layouts to share that I did before CHA.. and this is one of them. This is done with the new "It's your day" line from Fancy Pants.

This photo was taken when I was in AZ a while back. This is my niece Rhonda. (she is 2 months younger than me.. and never lets me forget it) lol Brat


as you can see.. I added a little Harvest Orange Glimmer Mist also.


I


If you want to see this layout and others done using this line.. you can see them here on the Fancy Pants Blog.

********************************************
This past week, I have been cleaning, organizing and purging! Especially in my studio and class supply closet. Oh my, it's amazing how things get buried and you forget about them. Anyway, I got rid of alot of stuff, .. and to crafty people who I know will put it to good use. Feels good!

While I was organizing I ran across a couple of these Karen Foster "Design it Drawers". I took a few minutes to add some of my favorite papers to it ..so I could put it to good use.


I am a freak for labeling. and love organization. ( although.. it may not always seem that way).

lol I always have to thank my friend Pam for that obsession. lol


*************************************************************

Okay... remember I told you I had something fun and exciting to tell you about?? Well, I have been so excited to get this set up .. and finally it's here!
Let me tell you all about it, because you'll get to enjoy what I'm talking about Thurs, Friday and Saturday of this week!
Here's how it started.
I love the idea of ART and INSPIRATION coming to us in many different ways. "ART" can be many different things..
and INSPIRATION is EVERYWHERE!
I think sometimes seeing what inspires others , and how they use that inspiration can open up a whole new creative world for us.
So here's that's up..........
A few days each month you'll get some inspiration from ______ ??
Oh.. yeah, that's half the fun. You wont know until that day .. just who it will be.

I already have the first 10 inspirational "Guest Bloggers" set up for between now and November.. and you are going to love them! Each one has a different style, or "Creative Specialty" this is different from the other. All blog posts by Guest Bloggers will be Arts/Crafts/Home related...but it might be , Mixed Media, Sewing, Photography, Cooking, journaling,techniques, Stamping, Tutorials,
Home Decorating, ... you name it!

I AM SO EXCITED! It's going to be great!
All you have to do and come soak up the inspiration!

( I'm here until Thursday, then Suprise Guest Bloggers Thursday, Friday and Saturday)

8 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love your layout and the drawer is soo cool!!! Can't wait to read all about the guestbloggers :)

debbiek said...

Cute layout, Ms. Vicki:) Nice drawer too. Organization is something I really need to work on as I never can find things when I'm looking for them....lol. The guest bloggers idea is GREAT and can't wait to see all that wonderful inspiration!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Well our weather yesterday was rainy but it's okay we needed it and for that reason my son was home ; ). He and his gf didn't have anything to do really so they just hung out at the house and that was a real treat because I too hardly ever see him. He's working a lot and when he's not he's with friends or his gf.

Love your new idea of the guest bloggers so totally awesome! Very excited to see what everyone posts. And I love that new layout you did! The colors are fabulous, thanks for taking the time to always share with us!!

Darlene D. said...

Looking forward to the guest bloggers but I don't know how much inspiring they can be than your art. You are one talented lady!!!

Maggie said...

Thank you again for the goodies! And yes they are being put to use!

Bettyann said...

oh goody suprise guest bloggers, though i really enjoy your tutorials...

Rbarakat said...

That lo is so cute girlfirend! I am loving all the new Fancy Pants lines! an't wait to see new blogspots - sounds like fun!

Lisa MarK said...

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your website is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles.
Air Conditioner