Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vintage Summer layout

I've been excited to share this layout for some time. I love this new paper line from Fancy Pants, and adore this photo of my niece Becca that I took when they were here a few weeks ago.
"Happy Together" from Fancy Pants Designs




The background square scallop is cut from chipboard and is an AccuCut die.
I had fun doing lots of hand stitching on this one. ( for some reason lately.. I'm on a kick with cream colored crochet thread). Not sure why .. but I guess I just really love the look.

All papers, buttons, chipboard ect.. are from Fancy Pants. Even the rose.. because I made it by cutting up one of the little canvas tag bags from FP. lol
( the little branch things are just from a old garland.) lol But they worked for the effect that I was trying to achieve.. so that's all that matters right?

When I did this layout, it was literally the day before CHA... and Becca had just left the day before that .. so I didn't even have the photos developed yet. I was so excited to use this photo with this paper line, to take with me to CHA for the booth...that I uploaded it to Walgreens to have it developed that night.. As I did this .. it came up on the computer screen " this stores photo machine is down". grrrr... seriously! So I go through the whole thing again and upload to Walmarts photo department. You wont believe this .. but theirs was down also!!! ( both those are about a 20minute drive from our house..but they are the only two places that do one hour in Fremont) and that's the closest ,because there is no photo developing in our little town. I finally uploaded them to the Walmart in Omaha.. and drove in there to pick them up. ( more than one photo.. I'm not that nuts) lol I also got groceries while I was there.. (just to justify in my mind.. going that far) lol.. but man what an ordeal. The lengths I will go to when I get something set in my mind. lol

Anyway.. back to Becca. I wish you could have seen the scrapbook she made about their mission trip to Haiti.. it was so cool! I'd love for you to watch the video she did from their trip if you have time. It's definatly worth the time.
She is a pretty amazing 18 year old! I'm so proud of her. Actually of their entire family. I love how they all get involved to try to help and make a difference. Dawn and Gary (Becca's Parents) are here in the video also. I got to hear all about the trip, while they were here for those days, and let me tell you.. it was very moving. Thank God for people like them ... They just make the world a better place!!
Becca is my sister Sharon's Granddaughter. Here she is with Grandma Dunn a few weeks ago when we were all together.
Thanks for letting me share.
Yep.. I'm a lucky girl.


17 comments:

Gail S. said...

Vicki - That is one AMAZING page! So pretty and such a pretty girl to go with it! The new papers are beautiful.

Home and Heart said...

A beautiful page, and ladies!!

Cathy said...

this is incredible! So gorgeous!

Carol (HB) said...

Vic, this is BEAUTIFUL! O. M. G. all the details are just amazing!!

Jane Wetzel said...

She is ADORABLE...so cute! AND I LOVE this lo- thanks for the inspiration!

janel said...

What a yummy layout. Of course the details that you always embellish a project with are perfect. I totally understand how one gets focused on a "mission"...love it!

1CardCreator said...

Love the layout! Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Lady Pamela said...

This is really a beautiful piece of art. Will you be hanging it on a wall or will it fit in an album? I think it is fabulous.

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

That picture does look great with that layout! Your neice is beautiful! You're killing me with these new papers, I can't wait to be able to get my hands on some of them!

cheryl McAdam said...

Oh, Vicki- it is gorgeous! Good thing your tenacious, lol. It's always at that crucial moment when those dang photo machines are down.

Linda B said...

What a BEAUTIFUL layout! I love all the detail you put into it:D

harrahx2 said...

Okay, where to start? The page, the details, absolutely amazing. The video was beautiful, the music was fantastic...takes after you...the talent! Loved it all and most of all, love that I have a framed picture of birds..This will bring a smile to my face every day as does your friendship and your blog. I am rich in treasures as you are in family.

Christie Bryant said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love, love, love it- She so adorable. The photo was worth your ordeal when you see the finished product. You are one super-talented woman!

stampqueen said...

Wonderful layout - tons of detail, love it!!!

Lacey Bittner said...

Vicki- this layout is amazing!! So pretty!

Suzanne said...

This layout is fabulous!!! I love all the details!

Paper Boutique said...

How awesome Vicki, glorious page, got to love the stitching on that one!