Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back from Scrapfest

Wow... seems like that time just flew by! Scrapfest was a great time!  I was so lucky to have those fantastic guest bloggers here while I was gone.  Each post was so fun to look at and read. I'm so blessed by the amazing friends I've made through paper Crafting and Blogging. Huge thanks to Jane, Elly and Traci.
If you missed their posts...just scroll down a bit to see them.
______________________________________________________________

 I have lots of photos to share over the next few days..but first I'll share something fun I did with some old glass jars and containers..using the NEW "Vintage Photo" Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.   I am SO loving these!
All of the Creative Scraps are now "Double Sided". I've shown you the charms I made using  images from various  Creative Scraps.  Well, with the Vintage Photo Creative Scraps the other side has these very cool label and journaling pieces.  You know I love organizing... and the only thing I love more than organizing, is CUTE organizing! lol  I have bunches of old glass containers that I pick up when ever I see them.  I love using them for storage of little goodies for my studio.  I ran the labels through my printer and ... ta da!  Super easy!


You sure don't have to use vintage glass.. any glass jars will work great.  Recycle and Re purpose! Even better!    I used images on the other two containers.  The big bottle to the right I wanted to set in the downstairs bathroom.. and I wanted to use the image of the people swimming in the ocean.  I love the simple look of it.. and decided not to add any other embellishments.  On the other jar with the lid.. I added Ribbon, vintage buttons , gems ,and a star.

Super cute image and saying huh?  A star hanging from this jar... was a MUST! lol


I really like the simple look of this one.

The labels stay on great .. just use  a tacky tape or any strong double sided tape... and get it as close to the edge as possible.


And of course.. more Fancy Pants Charms done using these New Creative Scraps. I added keys and other charms to them (I just had to put them behind .. so you could see the image clearly).
I also cant get enough of these yummy ribbons from Creative Impressions!


************************************************************************

ScrapFest was Great!  I taught 8 classes over three days at ScrapFest for Fancy Pants Designs. All the classes were full.. (thanks to the beautiful projects Jodi (owner) created for the classes)  One was a mini album and the other a two page layout.   6 of the classes were 30+ people, and the last two were close to 60 each.   There was some serious Fancy Pants "Creating" going on!! lol 
                                                                                   

Here is one of the classes on the first day. Great bunch of ladies ..eager to CREATE!


Dan and I during class. He and Brian were set up upstairs by Archivers..but he came down before the end of each of my classes to tell the girls about the fun deals they had going on up there.


In between classes I  had a chance to chat with friends a bit. Here is Wendy ( owner of Tattered Angles), Rachel (also from TA) , and I ... having a little photo opp. lol
Getting to see my friends is always the highlight of shows. This time the show was in the home down of my friends Carol Halverson, Heather Nichols, and Lisa Zappa.. so they "took care of me". lol Seriously... they were fantastic to me! I have to get my photos off my lap top... and I'll be able to share photos of them... and the fun time we had at JUNK BONANZA!!! Woo Hoo... yes you heard me right.  It was AMAZING!  Photos coming!!

The last night.. after the show.. I met with these girls for dinner and some LAUGHS.   Wendy Senger ( TA owner), Kelly Goree, ( and not in this photo.. Cari Fennell, and Sharon Laakkonen ).      Great fun!


The pups are not leaving my side..they are glad their momma is home. lol   Every time I turn around the look at Aly she looks up at me and instantly starts wagging her tail. lol     



I have a bunch of project to share and I can wait to show you photos from Junk Bonanza!  So off I go to transfer photos.  Back soon to share.

Miss you all! Feels good to be back.

ps.  I have been wanting to change my blog a bit to make it easier to read and a bit of a cleaner design, without changing my header.  I'm hoping it's viewing okay for everyone and that it's loading quick enough. If you are having any problems viewing or loading..please shoot me an email would you?
vickichrisman@hotmail.com   Thanks so much!

10 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

What great idea to use those on jars! Love the way they look!

Your blog looks fabulous...and loaded up again lickity-split!

Love your photos from Scrapfest--looks like so much fun!

Glad your home with your pups...

Julie

Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohh how fun- I love all the vintage glass jars- so awesome and the pictures from Scrapfest- so fun!

Jan said...

love the jars all dressed up and ready for storage! Always great to see you out and about and having so much fun with creative people, too!

debbiek said...

Oh Ms. Vicki your jars are soooo stink' cute!

Wish I could have gone to ScrapFest but am so happy you showed us pixes from it and shared your experiences.

Glad you are home safe as Aly is. If I had a tail it would be waggin' too...lol!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love those jars you did with the labels I may have to do that with some myself, my mom gave me boxes and boxes of old glass bottles when they thought they were going to sell their house and build a smaller one(some too small of a neck to really put anything in) and I've used some to add sand and shells to decorate up to our camp but definately going to look thru them to see what I have that I can add some of those awesome labels to for my scrap area!

Awww I'm sure the pups missed you like crazy! Pebbles is like that even when I was gone to the crop she wouldn't even lay with Dan in the evening she got up in the chair that we sit in together and just waited for me (made me soooo sad!)

Soooo cool you had dinner with Cari, isn't she hilarious? She teaches at Stampin and Scrappin Time our local scrapbook store. She is sooooo talented and soooo super cute and sweet!

Thanks so much for sharing with us and setting up the amazing guest bloggers while you were away! Can't wait to see the pics you have for us, esp from the Junk bonaza : )

Sarah said...

I like seeing your jars for storage...I have a weakness for that, too.

Your blog redo looks fabulous my dear!

Bettyann said...

love the cleaner look of your blog...much easier to read...love the ideas of the glass jars and containers...gave me some great ideas with my goodies...thanks...

kathy/North Carolina said...

We missed you, too, Vicki. This is my favorite blog.

I saved a bunch of my granddaughter's baby food jars and sorted my buttons by color. They look cute, but not as cute as yours!

vikki said...

♥LOVE. YOUR BLOG...YOU ARE SUCHA INSPIRATION & HAVE THE GREATEST IDEAS!♥
OUR DOGGIES ARE OUR FOUR*LEGGED CHILDREN! MINE IS ALWAYS BY ME.
♥LOVE. THE BOTTLES & LABELS.. A QUESTION ?... YOU SAID YOU RAN THE LABELS THRU THE PRINTER. DID I MISS SOMETHING? ARE THEY FABRIC? OR JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF CARDSTOCK/PAPER? SORRY, JUST CONFUSED ME, WHICH IS EASY TA DO.
SO HAPPY FOR YOU TO BE CREATING FOR TIM..LOVE. HIS STUFF! YOU WILL DO GREAT.
AND BY THE WAY... THANX FOR SPENDING MY $$$ ON THINGS I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT ~ DUE TO YOUR POSTING ON DIFFERENT ITEMS & PRODUCTS! HAD TO ORDER FROM DIFFERENT PLACES FOR ALL THE LOVELY ITEMS YOU CREATE... SO THANK*U! =)
KEEP UP THE LOVELY ART WORKS...LOVE.SEEING THEM. WERE THOSE ALL OLDE CLOCK FACES ON YOUR HONEY & GRAMPS PIC? TOO COOL! WHAT A SWEET REMEMBERANCE.
THANX FOR YOUR TIME, HAVE A GREAT DAY & WEEK*END SOO GLAD IT IS FINALLY COOLING OFF & BEING FALL!
HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh! I love what you did with the storage bottles. The blog opens so much faster now, good job! And . . . I just have to say that I am really really impressed by the number of, and quality of, your published works! Of course I know that you are published routinely but for some reason it never dawned on me that you were so prolific! Glad Aly is doing well. My love to all!