Friday, September 03, 2010

Color Challenge

Hey .. here is it .. Friday! Sorry I'm a bit late posting but I was having Internet problems.


I hope some of you had a chance to challenge your self with different color combinations this week. Some of the girls sent me links to their blogs where they have posted what they created using the color combos I posted. I'll have them linked at the bottom of this post ,so be sure to check out their blog posts on their blogs okay.

____________________________________________

I actually was hoping to be able to create something with each color combo I posted..but there was just not enough time this week...but I did to two of the different combos.
The first one I did was with combo #3



I used Crafty Secrets "Office 101" Stamp set to create this card.



Here is the color combo I used.



For the second challenge I used Combo #2 ( below)



I have not been good about scraping the older (not so great quality) photos from when the boys were little. I LOVE this picture of the boys, even if the quality isn't the best. We didn't have fancy camera back then.. so we have to be thankful for the photos we do have. There is only so much you can expect from a 110 film camera right? lol
This is just a simple layout.. for me. Not using any specific product.. not for submitting, or a monthly requirement.. just because I have to always remember why I started scrapbooking. To preserve my family memories.










I love those little faces.
Scrapping that made this mom a little misty. I miss our boys being little like this ..but I am so proud of the men they are now.

____________
Okay.. be sure to check out the talented girls who played along and sent me their links. Please take a minute to check them out .. they are fantastic!
If I missed anyone or you are running late.. shoot me a email and I'll get you added here okay.
Thanks so much for playing along!
Hope you let COLOR inspire you!


10 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that page almost made me cry! Your words... the layout... just everything about it. So very PERSONAL! I loved it. Hugs my friend.........have a great holiday!

harrahx2 said...

Meant to tell you, that stamp set is adorable! I can just see the ooops key on my keyboard! How cute. My card (in colors ) will go postal Tuesday....

Jan said...

Vicki,
Love the page and journaling about becoming a Mom..so true! Adorable picture of your boys!

Susan said...

What an adorable LO - isn't it scary how fast these little guys grow up!
Susan

debbiek said...

Cute lo's Ms. Vicki. The photo of your boys is precious! Love their cute smiles. Yes, they grow up way, way too fast... Have a wonderful weekend!

- DebbieK

Pearl Maple said...

yippie for the old 110 film, it made auto cameras and affordable photos available to many of us in their day.

Loving that stamp set and your cards full of fresh colour combinations.

Jane Wetzel said...

love the stamp set and wish I could get myself to start the several books I NEED to do! :)

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

How Cute, I love that layout and the colors are beautiful! So cheery and kid like, great fit for the pics : ). And that card is adorable, I love that typewriter stamp. Really cool! I can't wait till my local scrapbook store gets in some of the new crafty secrets stamps, been dying to get my hands on some of them!

kathy/North Carolina said...

that is the sweetest page! Love the whole layout, especially the simplicity of it.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Rightfully misty : )