Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Halloween"

Happy Monday everyone! Today is Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge Day! This months theme is Halloween.  Yes.. it's fall and Halloween is not all that far away.  As much as I do hate to see summer come to an end.. I really do love Fall.  The colors, the smells... cool crisp air. Umm.. did I mention pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars.. pumpkin.. ect.. ect.. You guessed it.. I love anything pumpkin! lol

I have been playing with these new "Halloween Greetings" Double sided Creative Scraps so much. There are so many great images ..it's hard to choose, so I just keep making things. ha  
I decided to do a layout with these cute photos of my friend Patti's wee ones from last Halloween.  I used a number of different images and pieces from the Halloween Creative Scraps on this layout. Actually after looking at it again.. I really didn't even use much patterned paper or embellishments at all..the images carry the load , on this one.


 





"Halloween Greetings" Double sided Creative Scraps
This is my very favorite part! This is the first time I had used these tag letters that spell "Halloween". They are at the very top of the Creative Scraps Sheet.   I was so happy with how they looked on the layout, strung in a swag with a piece of string.  I just used a small hole punch, added two little holes to the top of each one and ran the string through.  I put foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L under them.. to make them stand off the background even more.  When I was doing this .. I realized why I love having the choice of the "black" or "white" foam squares they offer.  On this black background.. the black ones worked so well. Even when I tip the layout I cant see them. Very cool!  I've always love  that they offer two sizes of foam squares..but for this project I really appreciated the option of having black.
Black background shape is from AccuCut.


I chose this sweet little image as my journaling spot for this layout.  I taped it down to my paper and ran it through my printer, so I could have the print right on it , instead of doing my usual journaling strips.


These ticket that are on the sheets, make a great border. I've used them separately on cards and altered projects ..but this was fun for a layout.
It's so great that now the Creative Scraps are double sided, giving you twice the choices for the same price! Cool huh?  The part that I was most happy about (other than the extra choices) was that the images are set up to match up with the one on the backside of it.  So you aren't ruining a bunch of other images when you cut out one.. like on some double sided papers.  The other thing is .. it works great if you are making something where both sides will show.   


Be sure to check out what the rest of the DT created for Septembers Challenge today. Here are their links:

Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson
Linda Duke
Michele Kovack
Melissa Phillips
Flo from France
Julie Campbell
Mary Hamer



*************************************************************



I scheduled this to post as I am still in MN at mall of America teaching at Scrapfest... but I'll be home later today.. so I'll be sharing photos from this past week soon. Stop back by.. I've miss you!  ~ Vic

15 comments:

harrahx2 said...

I sure hope your trip was wonderful. I hope my package got there in time to welcome you back with a bit of a smile. I am ALWAYS slow and late but I do eventually get there. Just slower than most! Hugs and happy to have you back. I love the filigree book that Flo From France did and hope that Craft Secrets will carry it. Missed you bunches my friend and loved the guest bloggers.

Gail S. said...

Vicki - so pretty.

debbiek said...

Great project Ms. Vicki! Wish I could have gone to the mall for the show and classes:( Anyways, hope you had a good time and can't wait to see what you create next....

Martha said...

just adorable.

kathy/North Carolina said...

Love this page layout. It is easy on the eye, and very inviting. The banner is my favorite element in it!

Jane Wetzel said...

adorable Vicki!

Marisa said...

Sooo cute.

Pam said...

This is darling Vicki, I always love your layouts!

Catherine said...

I just finished checking out all the creations in the Halloween Hop, lots of beautiful projects!! Linda Duke never disappoints - she's so creative, love everything she makes - well I always love everything the whole team makes, and Halloween is my favorite holiday - so it was perfect!!
Glad you are home safe and sound....missed you. xox.

Anonymous said...

Super cute layout Vicki... But I always love everything you make. Linda Duke

LindaC said...

This is an awesome layout! LC

Heidi Blankenship said...

Fabulous layout Vicki!! I love Halloween and the Creative Scraps add just the perfect touch to any Halloween creations!! Your photos are so adorable!! Love it!! Hope you had an Amazing time at ScrapFest--I missed seeing everyone this year!

LaurieStar said...

Just stumbled upon your blog - I love what you create! :)

JeanFB said...

What a precious layout! I love how you've embellished it - not too much, not too little - just right! Those scraps are fabulous.

Gloria Stengel said...

What a fantastic use of the products! I love it!