Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Guest blogger: Traci Armbrust

Hello Everyone.  My name is Traci Armbrust and I have been the Senior Project Designer for AccuCut Craft in Fremont, Nebraska for 11 years. I live in Omaha and have been married for 11 years. I have two awesome little girls, Addison (9) and Avery (5).  In my 11 years with AccuCut, I have taught many many classes, been to many tradeshows and have even appeared on the Home Shopping Network. I met Vicki about 3 or 4 years ago because we both share a love for die cuts and AccuCut needed someone fabulous to do some outside designing. I am honored that Vicki asked me to be a guest blogger and hope I do her proud. I thought I would share some of my favorite things I've created in the last year. I created this Mix & Match Album #3 using our black chipboard as a base, then the fun part was integrating Mix & Match Album-Mini into it. I love that AccuCut albums come with holes or without holes so that you can bind them any which way you want.  The paper and embellishments are from Melodee Ross.







I love creating albums, but I find lately I have a real passion for invitations. It is super easy with our Pinnovation dies (dies that have registration pins). They allow you to download a template off our site and print, then place the material onto the die using the pins as guides.  I created this Apron Pocket for the National Stationery Show in New York.  It's a fun wedding shower invite, but this apron could be made into a BBQ invite or a really fun menu at a wedding or engagement party.  I could even see making a little mini album by placing it inside the apron or attaching a bunch of aprons and making them into the album itself.

The paper I used in this project is by October Afternoon, I also used my favorite AccuCut border (Scallop Lace)

Then in honor of the holidays coming up I wanted to show you one of my all time favorite boxes.
This is our Cupcake Box and I cut it from our 12" x 12" plastic sheets.  I also used different shades of green Bazzill cardstock.



Well I hope you enjoyed a little world wind tour of some of my work.  I love to share my love of die cuts and love to see other's projects too!  Visit me on AccuCut's blog, or our just newly launched Facebook page. Thanks again to my extrodinarily talented friend, Vicki Chrisman.  This was fun!






8 comments:

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

What adorable projects! I love the mini album and the flowers that you have cut out on it, really pretty colors too! Thanks so much for sharing with us : )

starqueen said...

Hi Traci,
So nice to meet you and see your sweet projects. I am a die lover, too! Your apron is really adorable, and it has so many possibilities!
Thanks for sharing!

1CardCreator said...

Love those projects, the Accucut is an amazing tool! Thanks for letting us see all your wonderful projects. ~Diane

kathy/North Carolina said...

Love that album! And I just finished making a stack of apron pocket cards using a template I created myself. Wish I'd known about Accu Cut before!

Jane Wetzel said...

wow- very neat stuff ! LOVE your album! tfs!

harrahx2 said...

Hey Traci, thanks so much for sharing with us. Your projects are adorable and I loved the apron idea!

stampqueen said...

Cool stuff - love the black chipboard!!!

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Owww... that apron-invitation is gorgeous!!!! Love your projects!