Saturday, September 18, 2010

Guestblogger: Elly van Trappen



Hi girls! I'm so proud to be today's Guestblogger at Vicki's! First I will introduce myself (and appologize for my bad English!): I'm Elly from the Netherlands, I've a husband (happily married for 13 years now) and we've 2 boys (Tim, 13 and Luuk, 11) and a girl (Bo, 9). We live in a very small village in a very little cottage. But I really love our little home sweet home! My home is my greatest passion. I love to snoop around on fleamarkets, thriftstores and carbootsales and I'm so happy when I find something lovely to take home with me! I love that treasure hunting!



White is the base of our home, but in the kitchen and entrance I've used some splashes of  red


It looks so cosy don't you think?


Tableware is a little (???)  addicting of me! This is a little collection, our kitchen cabinet is stuffed with lots and lots more stoneware!


A little Fall in the livingroom: beautiful white heath/moor, behind 2 little and very old bears



And this is a glimpse of our bedroom. Again lots of white and vintage stuff


And there you can find a piece of another passion of mine: scrapbooking! I made the treasurebox on top myself.



Filled with lovely memories




and vintage goodies.


I also made a little album with old family pictures, fitting in this box.



But I like lots of other kinds of crafting, like making these little felt vignettes




Ahhh... I love those sweet colors!



Although I've mainly white in my home, in my crafts and scrapping I like to use color!

Especially the sweet ones!

Well, I hope you liked my guest post! Vicki, thank you so much for this opportunity! We don't know each other in real live, but we are blogbuddies for ages! You know I admire your scrapstyle very much!
If you want to know more about my home you can take a look at my homedecoration blog: http://www.myeverydaythings.blogspot.com/
If you wanna know more about my crafting projects, you can take a look at my brand new blog http://www.myeverydayhandmades.blogspot.com/
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Elly

15 comments:

Hannekie said...

super gedaan hoor
elly
gr hannie

Susie said...

Elly, thank you for sharing these photos of you sweet home with us. Your decorating style is SO pretty!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi there Elly, this is absolutely AMAZING...wow..your decorating is just top notch! thanks for sharing these gorgeous pics- off to check out your site- :)

Jan said...

Beautiful decorating and photography :)

It's me said...

Leuk Elly.....kijk kan ikl je gelijk even feliciteren nog !! was ik vergeten net sorry....GEFELICITEERD !!.......liefs Ria......

harrahx2 said...

Elly, how much you remind me of Vicki. You have streaming thoughts and you make me feel right at home. I always miss my friend when she is away but you made me feel right at home and som comfortable! I love your sewing skills as I have none. I can't sew and I am jealous of your talent. Your home and children look delightful! Thanks you so much for sharing.

LiLi M. said...

Great post Elly! You even managed to make some 'new" photos, love them all!

Vicki C said...

Oh Elly..thankyou so so much! This post is filled with inspiration... it's SO YOU! Love everything. Thankyou for Guestbloogging .. it was a total treat!

Annie said...

What a beautiful home! You have such an eye for design. Thanks for introducing yourself.

A Vintage Chic said...

Your home is beautiful, Elly...your decorating style is so lovely...and your scrapbooking is fabluous!

Julie

starqueen said...

Hi Elly,
Love your photos of home and your sweet creations. Those felt pieces are darling.

Thanks for sharing!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

What georgous projects and I love your collection of dishes : ) Very unique but I gotta say, I hate to dust so I could never have displays like that in my house lol Love the cute little felt projects too, you are very talented, thanks so much for sharing with us!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Your home is lovely....and your treasure box is gorgeous. Oh, and your English is much, much better than my Dutch!

stampqueen said...

What a beautiful home you have!!!! I love the red and white!! Great batch of photos!!

Precious Treasures said...

beautiful!