Thursday, September 09, 2010

Lots to share

Such a busy day it's been ... I don't know where to start.  Lots of random things.. none that really "go" together.. lol.. so bare with me okay?
I'll start with sharing a project first.. like I usually do.  That way those who are looking for some creative inspiration hopefully feel a little spark of it.   Then you die hards that are used to my random photos and endless rambling... can continue on.. and ride this out to the end. lol
You know my take on things....

"ART is Life".. so  usually when you come here.. you get a little of both. lol
The Layout below is done with the Fancy Pants Line, "Like Father Like Son"
I've had this photo of Dan and Jarad in my photo bin for a while now.. and decided this was the perfect time to finally use it in a layout.  I LOVE this photo so much.  It's just one of those photos  that I'm just drawn to.

I used ink on my chipboard letters for this project.




I spend alot of time thinking about what I would journal when I was working on this layout.  I just kept coming back to the same thought...
the photo says more than any words could.



It's really great to see papers that are masculine, but yet colorful and fun. Sometimes I think there is so much more out there for girls when I comes to scrapbooking supplies and papers. As a mom of boys only.. I love to see a great masculine paper line.. that makes me "want" to use it.
By the way, if any of you are going to be at ScrapFest at Mall of America... I hope to see you there. I am teaching 8 classes for Fancy Pants there this year. ( I'll share photo of the projects here soon)



The day was packed from beginning to end today. I started out this morning getting my hair cut and colored.  I'm lucky enough to have Gabby ( who has done my hair for years), still do my hair for me, even though she is now a stay at home mom.  She lives near, so it works out great for both of us.    "W" knows just where I keep Jarads cars, and when he gets here, he goes straight for them.  I will tell you this much .. He LOVES those cars.. and plays with them the entire time.   He started his first day of preschool yesterday.. so he's pretty big guy now.


He likes to give Aly and Molly their favorite "special" treats.  Carrots.We had a fun time. Gabby and I always have some good laughs.


I had to run into Fremont today... because I had about a million things to run and do.  You  know .. one of those days, gas, groceries, bank, pick up photos,  ect. ect..ect.. 
I was missing my momma, so I wanted to stop and see her. We talk almost everyday..but I hadn't been into Fremont for quite some time.  We had a nice chat..and share some Tacos. lol
I needed to be home later in the day because Amy from Precious Treasures was coming out for my first official photoshop lesson.  ( I promised myself that learning how to do more in Photoshop was something I was  going TO DO this year.. so I'm taking those steps.     Feels good to be getting that in motion!
Amy and Remington came and filled my head with so much information... I hope I remember half of it. lol  (good thing I took notes).  Now.. practice practice practice

As they were pulling out of our driveway.. I said.. "Watch for deer". 
Guess what the next thing I hear from Amy is???



She said.. "The last thing you said to me .. was watch for deer" and I wasn't but a few mile down the highway from your house"when I hit one head on.
I just felt sick about her car..but was SO SO thankful they were not hurt.  
I wish I had a photo of her beautiful black car with all the pink polkadot cling ons she has all over it.. advertising her Scrapbook store... it was so awesome.
But again.. just so glad they are okay!

*******************************************************************

So many things I wanted to mention to you about what is going on with these companies.  First of all Crafty Secrets has a great new blog post up with the most GORGEOUS samples .. and some exciting news about NEW things to come!

You can see that blog post HERE

*********************************************************************


Pink Persimmon has giveaways going on everyday this week.. with great tutorials using their new goodies.

You can see all this on the
Pink Persimmon Blog

********************************************************************



And I also wanted to tell you about my friend, the owner of Tattered Angels.. Wendy Senger
 ON  QVC Germany , Thursday Sept 8 at 10 am MST

You can go HERE to watch it ( you can watch it live by going to QVC-Live TV tab)


************************************************************************
Wow.. telling you all that in one blog post probably has you as wired as I am today. lol  Sorry about  that.
Here.. maybe this will help.



Take a deep breath... lol


13 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love ya sweets :) Can you fly in to CO in three weeks and go out to dinner with the TA's and me ? That would be the coolest- LOL

Carol (HB) said...

Vic, I just love that page. The way you captured them in the photo is amazing, but the layout just accentuates it!
Can't wait to see ya!!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

That photo is great, and your journaling was perfect. That paper line by fancy pants is really nice. I too only have a boy, when I want to scrapbook girly I do my pugs haha. Love photos that are worth a thousand words!! Glad Amy was ok, hopefully her car will be fixed good as new in no time.

Jan said...

Your Father and Son layout is beautiful!
I'm hoping to learn a little more about Photo Shop, too..BUT I guess I always think I may be able to figure it out on my own...which...NEVER happens :)
Glad you got to spend some time with your MOM :)

debbiek said...

Love the layout, Ms. Vicki. It does say alot, no doubt about it:) Sorry to hear about Amy's car but glad she's o.k. Good luck with the photoshop. I'd like to learn that too but no time to do it:( Have a great weekend!

A Vintage Chic said...

Ah, yes...keep calm...one of my favorite sayings!

You DO have a lot going on, my friend! Love your layout--you always do such a great job with their products!

Hope you get to relax a bit tonight...talk to you later!

Julie

sewingseeds4U said...

Hi sweet Vicki...I have enjoyed this post so much. I just love that scrap page of your guys. It really said it all and your journaling brought tears to my eyes. I love geniune family moments and you captured it perfectly. I will be checking out all I've missed of your posts with my coffee in the morning. Take care, Patty

Miss Shawn said...

And it might help if I sent you the book. Uh Oh, wet noodle time.:)

Darcy said...

Thanks Vicki! Hugs from Darcy

harrahx2 said...

I love the page and particularly the picture. The words just fit perfectly. Hope you have fun week-end plans....

DeniseLynn said...

*giggle* That car pile down the stairs looks just like the one here. OK mine looks worse really, but I have 2 boys going crazy at the same time. :o) On a crafty note the little stamp store by me has some glimmer chalk and I got 3 bottles. WooooHoooo! havin' fun!

Precious Treasures said...

Love the photo of the guys. I love to see father son bonding.

I need to learn photo shop too to learn the advanced things. It is just so time consuming and I am always short on that. LOL

Thanks for dinner too!!!
hugz!

Bettyann said...

The photo is precious..says alot about your men, their closeness and caring...so glad Amy was okay...no wonder you are wired...breathe and carry on lol