Monday, September 27, 2010

New little mini album

I put together a new little mini album using two of my most favorite new Crafty Secrets goodies.  The album is from Maya Road. I think this "Album" image is SO beautiful! I couldnt wait to  use it. 


Vintage Photo double sided Creative Scraps
The new double sided Vintage photo scraps have great vintage photos with journal spots and also word confetti saying that you can use with the photos.   But... I  decided to use vintage family photos to create this little album, and use the journaling spots with them.


When I was finished with my little album.. I still had LOTS of vintage photos from the sheet , along with the sayings and the journal blocks for use on other projects.


Artsy Banner Clear Art stamps
After paining my chipboard album pieces , I used this .. oh so YUMMY... stamp set to stamp over the painted chipboard for great background designs.




The set is so fun and versital... I seem to just keep reaching for it.  There is no doubt it's one of my very favorites. The pennants or scallop would be enough to make me happy..but the script, print and music stamps... just make it my ultimate fave.  Toss in the other fun elements to this set.. and you can why I'm giddy about it. lol


have I mentioned how much i love this stamp set? lol

If you look at the set you can see this fun little stamp in the set.  Well I decided to use it as a sort of ribbon holder, by punching a small hole in each to run the ribbon through.  Kind of a fun different way to use it.




I obviously still have my journaling to add to the pages.. but I love that I have the jounaling spots with lines for that.



I added very little patterned paper to this project. Between the decorative pieces on the  journal spots, and the different stamps, I felt like there was enough interest.


I kept the embellishments minimal, as to not take away from the photos.

I'm thinking this would be a fun class?? hmmmm...




Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.   I am enjoying the cooler weather..just not the headaches I've been waiting up with everyday since the temperature change.   Here's hoping my sinuses let up here soon.. because it's getting old.  
The sun has been shining so I'm so thankful for that.  I went in yesterday and took the wreath from my last post to my mom, for a little "fall" decor for her to enjoy. We had lunch and chatted the afternoon away.  Sometimes it's nice to just slow down and enjoy the little things.
I've also been spending a little more time in the kitchen cooking and getting some things put into the freezer. There is something about the cooler weather that just makes me want to cook and bake for some reason. Maybe because I dont like to turn the oven on much on hot summer days.. so I miss that. Having some things in the freezer is always nice, so that you can just pull out when your short on time and in a pinch.  I was going to make lasagna for dinner and make an extra to put in the freezer.  I ended up making four large pans.. so I could take one  to Kate and Jarad and send another home with Wes.  When I make someting like that, I always make a little one for mom also.  So there was some serious lasagna making .. going on around here.
Today I made my sister donnas Chicken Tortilla casserole ( and one for the freezer). And my favorite chicken salad with wild rice and red grapes. Oh.. and I baked some banana nut muffins with those ripe bananas that have been staring at me.   My friend Becky is going to take a new head shot for me tomorrow. We are meeting at her loft studio at lunch time so.. I told her I'd pick up at salad or something for us  but now I'm thinking I'll bring Chicken salad and muffins. ( someone to enjoy it with me.. since it's I guess it's not "manly" enough for Dan. lol  He's  a meat and pototes sorta guy).
Becky is an amazing photographer. You can see her work here "Becky Novacek Photography" on her website. So inspiring!

Hope all of you enjoy your day.. and remember.....

15 comments:

janel said...

Beautiful work Vic! Those vintage photos are just the best..and had to look twice as it was so reminiscent of the ones I have of my mother. Love the new look on the blog too. You have been busy, and know that all that time in the kitchen will be more than appreciated. Thinking of you! Beautiful post!!!

LindaC said...

Absolutely beautiful! You do amazing work!

A Vintage Chic said...

LOVE your album!

Those are some of my favorite things, too, Vicki! And we were on the same wavelength this weekend, because I was working on an album, too! It's so fun that we can use some of the same CS products, but come up with completely different things!

Gosh, girl! You were busy in that kitchen today, weren't you?! It just became our summer here--it's HOT! At least it's not humid like you get it in the summer, but it's too hot for little old me! I'm a cool ocean air girl!

Can't wait till it cools down here--I've got lots I want to get baking, too!

Hope you have a wonderful night...

Julie

Jan said...

Vicki,
This mini is just too cute! Love the stamps and images :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

Oh, I LOVE that little album! So precious! I just ordered a bunch of double-sided scraps. Love 'em! Enjoy your lunch!

debbiek said...

Love the album, Ms. Vicki. I'd take that class if you were to teach in our area:) Your talk about food is making me very, very hungry. Gotta go rummage thru the refrig to see what I can grab...LOL!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh yeah totally love that little mini album. How about you come to NY and teach that class here to us : ). It's a really cute little album that you could just set out for people to look at when they visit, I really like it. It's so funny that you mention that you've been into cooking lately with the cooler weather as I have been too. It seems when fall sets in I just feel like staying home all weekend and cook, bake and craft lol. Summer time I typically cook on the grill but it's gotten pretty chilly here now so I've been even pulling out the crock pot for soups and stews, mmmmm just love it with some hot apple cider on a cool day! thanks for taking time to share with us!! Have a great week!

1CardCreator said...

Love what you did with this! ~Diane

Jean H. said...

Beautiful! Are you going to share recipes?? The chicken tortilla casserole sounds delish!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

Beautiful album...PLEASE do a class, and promise you'll do some extra kits for your East Coast followers!!!!! I've been baking too..trying to stock up on all the fresh veggies of the season so we can enjoy them all winter! Thanks for sharing...your art and your life..!

Pam said...

Oh man, I just finished an album yesterday using the same CS and Maya chipboard album,how funny!

I love yours Vicki!!

harrahx2 said...

Good afternoon Vic. Just dropping by with a quick hello. Loved (did I say LOVED) the mini-album and I think you should sell a kit.......sounds right to me. And I will take some cooking to go please? I am sitting here laughing and thinking about all that lasagna....made me hungry! Hugs to you today and thanks for the great music....

stampqueen said...

Cute little album - I love doing little ones like that, they go so quick!!!
I really enjoyed the cool weather in NE this weekend but the great thing was we came home to nice cool weather too!!!(although not quite as cool but for us - lows in the 60s with the highs only 80 - I am happy - even happier that I took a few days off to recover from our speedy and busy weekend in NE - My Mom and Step-Dad had a big party and open house for their 25th wedding Anniversary - I will be editing pics for weeks!!!)

www.craftysecrets.com said...

I adore your adorable album Vicki and love the way you used the Photo Scraps and stamp set!!!

Sandy

Rbarakat said...

FIst of all that mini is gorgeous secong you are making me totally hungry talking abot all that yummy food! LOL!