Monday, October 25, 2010

Busy weekend review

wow.. I cant even begin to believe how fast this weekend seemed to go by. Whew.. fast one!   Lots of enjoyable things for sure...but sorry to see it be over already.   I'll start by sharing a little something I made as part of this weeks Crafty Secrets Challenge over at Split coast Stampers.   Those girls over there to such a great job week after week, of coming up with fun inspirational challenges..that anyone can join in on.  This weeks challenge is using pink ribbon on your layout. With this month being Breast Cancer Awareness month.. all of this months challenges are based around "pink".    If you'd like to join in the fun.. you can check it out HERE.  I know they'd love to have you play along..they are such a nice bunch.

I used my favorite "go to" stamp set on the wood spool and on the card.

Artsy Banner
The "Make a Wish" is from the Lucky Wishes set.

Lucky Wishes

**********************************************************

I should have taken some photos yesterday afternoon when my friend Julie was  here, but we were so caught up in what we were doing I actually forgot about taking any photos. ( I know??? "I" forgot to take pictures,) lol   Julie and I worked on some projects and chatted the afternoon away. I don't get to see her nearly enough.. so it was a treat!

Today we took in a nice birthday celebration for Elaine.. my sister-in-laws moms.   Lots of people showed up to wish her a wonderful day. 
  

And have some Candy and the candy buffet.   ohhhhhhhhh my!


Since alot of my family had come to town for the birthday celebration.. we decided this would be a great time for everyone to see the cemetery with our ancestor that I had recently run across.   We loaded up in a few cars , grabbed our cameras and headed out .  I had been the only one to see it, so I was excited for them to see it also.  Well, I couldn't have been happier when we came over the hill to see the church..... It had been Painted!! I was SO happy to see that it was being taken care of.  Someone is looking after it..and making sure it's not just wasting away.    As I dig keeper into finding out more about this church and cemetery I hope sometime I will find out who  it is that is caring so well for this place... and thank them!





 
Sometimes the photos just say it all. 
It was a fantastic day spend with family!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Great shots of the church. I love doing angle shots too!

Jan said...

What a sweet Make a Wish card! Looks like you had a great weekend and I love that little church! UMMMM...a candy buffet?? That's my kind of buffet!

debbiek said...

Cute card Ms. Vicki! Loved the photos and the post:) Have a great week....

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a precious project!! I love those colors and the bear on the spool is adorable! Do you mind me asking what paper you used? And the last photo seems to sum up the whole day - great shot : ) Hope you have a wonderful day!

1CardCreator said...

Such a sweet card for what appears to be a sweet lady. ~Diane

harrahx2 said...

Great card and decorations on the little tiny bear! How cute is that! I just love it. Great photo's and I got goose bumps listening to you tell about the church and cemetery. I know it must have been pretty awesome to share it all. Hugs Vicki!

Pam said...

Beautiful pictures Vicki, you are so good at that!