Monday, October 18, 2010

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Stitching"

Woo Hoo.. just ask me how much I'm loving this challenge. lol.  Stitching! Anytime, Anywhere! lol
I love stitching on my projects!     Even if you don't have a sewing machine.. there are lots of ways to get that "Stitched look".

1. Hand stitching ( I love using embroidery floss or silver or gold metallic thread)
2. using a Tracing wheel for a faux stitched look. They are inexpensive and easy to use. Just make sure if you get one , you get the serrated not the smooth. The smooth will not create the stitched look you are trying to achieve.  Also be sure to put a piece of chipboard under the paper you are working on. That "give" makes the effect even more pronounced... and protects your table top.( you can also use a "stardust" pen from Sakara to add a thread like look when you are finished.
3.using a Paper piercing tool and a ruler.
4. Stitching rubons
5. If you do have a sewing machine.. try stitching without thread.
6.  What about a stamp!!.. See these Stitching look stamps SEW SPECIAL straight and zig zag. and you can stamp them in any color that way.

*************************************************
Here are some photos of the project I created using stitching. (and lots of it) lol




I used the Bonjour Merci  stamp set... on this project.  I love how you can build with the borders and flowers on this set so easily. Super easy to color also. I just used a blue and a green water color pencil.


This image is from the .......

 
Girlfriend- Double sided Creative Scraps

This dress form, the gorgeous crinkled satin ribbon , the flowers and pretty pin, are from a new company just making it's debu.  I'll be sharing more projects using  their products in my upcoming posts.  They are called "Ooh la la" design originals


I know the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer this month (Sheila Rumney).. all have gorgeous things to show you today also.. so be sure to check out their blogs .. linked below,

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader  (already here)



Pam Hooten


Heidi Blankenship


Linda Duke


Michele Kovack


Melissa Phillips


Flo Teixeira from France


Julie Campbell


Mary Hamer


Guest Designer Sheila Rumney






Heartwarming Vintage Blog


Crafty Secrets website



Sewing mends the soul. ~Author Unknown
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

Pam said...

You never fail to completely blow me away!!

A Vintage Chic said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! LOVE it!!! Who's in the wonderful old photo?

Julie

Elaine A said...

Vicki -

Gorgeous, just absolutely beautiful! I love what you've done, so classic. A wonderful job.

Elaine Allen

Nathalie Kalbach said...

so so so amazing!!!!

Pieces of Home Designs said...

Love this Vicki! Such dimension! I just love the CS image you chose - so inspiring!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Shabby wonderful Vicki!! Love it!

Bettyann said...

Vicki, you have donw yourself proud. W O W is all I can say...

nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sewing on paper!!! beautiful work!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Vicki... Love the dimension. Beautiful work. Linda Duke

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful work Vicki!! I love how you used the Bonjour Merci stamp set to create the borders. WOW all of the sewing is Amazing!! Wish we lived closer I would ask you for some lessons-LOL!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hey Vic, I adore the way you used the Bonjour Merci stamp set on this, the little foral vines add to the charm and your sewing rocks!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Honestly, Vicki....you take my breath away. Your art makes ME happy!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm lovin this! I always enjoy seeing how you use the little bits and pieces of a set like this. It helps me see things I wouldn't otherwise see. Your sewing really is a great detail that adds so much to this project. Well worth the time and effort : )

1CardCreator said...

This looks awesome! ~Diane

Bernadette Bliss said...

Vicki, Like I have told you before, YOUR art does make me happy! This project is beautiful. I wish I had your flair. Thank you for reminding me that there are other ways to get the stitched look. I live full time in a motor home and space for a sewing machine is nil..

Peggy said...

Love the colors, stamping and of course, the stitching. Great job!
God bless.

harrahx2 said...

You are such an over-acheiver! Your work is always stupendous and inspiring and makes me need to go "do" something creative. Love it! Hugs......I hope that isn't an insult? Not meant to be!

Gina Lideros said...

love the stitching. Fun project.

Michele said...

This is stunning!!!!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh I LOVE it and the blues and browns you used mmmm such a warm and cozy vintage look. Love it!!! Love the stiching

Marisa said...

Very cute

joybear said...

very lovely!