Wednesday, October 20, 2010

She has Spunk

Here was are mid-week already! I've been working on some October projects for Tattered Angels.. so today  I thought I'd share one of those. I know I promised to tell you more about  Ooh la la, in my last post..but since I have to be out the door for a funeral this morning I'm posting this now, and saving that for later because that post will take a bit more time.  But... I promise more about that soon!
My friend Cat gave me this image printed on fabric some time ago.. and I've always loved it ...just hadn't picked the right project to use it on. Today was the day. lol  
Glimmer Mist colors used: Harvest Orange, Suede, Mustard Seed and Electric Blue
Background- Chip Tiles

I love stamping on chipboard letters!


You know me.. I have to share some photos. lol   
Dan had the day off the other day and took Molly for outing to the cabin with him.  Aly is a mommas girl and feels more comfortable here with me. lol  So, since the weather was again.. so beautiful!!   I decided this would be a good day to go back out to that family Cemetery to get photos of the names on the headstones to research that this winter. (who knows how many nice fall days we have left and I don't want to have to be stomping around out there in the snow).  Here is my first post about finding it, if you missed it and are interested.   Unexpected Find
Since I was planning to wash and vacuum my car today, I thought I'd do this first, since I knew it would be VERY dusty after taking on these gravel roads. ( did I mention my car is black?)    Aly and I got in the car.. and headed out.  The drive out there is so pretty.

This is actually right at the edge of the cemetery. There is fields on 3 sides of the cemetery, and the country road in front .. that's it.  So beautiful and peaceful.


This is the road right in front of the church.

And this is Aly enjoying her ride.   It's funny because I had a couple other pictures of her that were in focus.. much clearer..but they just didn't capture the look.. like  this one did.  lol  I swear she looks like she's smiling.
I was laughing because when I texted my sister telling her what I was doing .. she texted back, "Oh.. it's great to get to spend some one on one time with your kids isn't it?"...... hahahahah... she knows how I feel about my pups so well!




It's a beautiful day.... Stick your head out the car window and let your hair get messy! lol


10 comments:

debbiek said...

LoVe the post, Ms. Vicki and Aly DOES look like she's smiling in the back seat...lol! Reminds me of my brother's dog who is my shadow when I take care of her. I call it the "driving Ms. Daisy" mode;)

Have a great day, you certainly made mine:)

MrsETaylor said...

I absolutely love the combination of glimmer mists you used on this piece. Love Love Love it

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I sooooo love the Spunk - amazing!!! and the photos are beautiful!!!!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Haha Love that pic of Aly. That's how my Pebbles is with me. The other pugs are okay to go with Dad and be without me but in the evening if I'm gone anywhere Pebbles will sit facing the door just waiting for me to come home. That's why I typically take her with me if I can. Love the project you did, that photo is awesome! I love the stamping on the chip board letters too, I always forget to do that, going to make a point of remembering next time : ) Thanks for the inspiration and story as always!!

cindy said...

LOVE the Spunk piece! Way cool...the colors and the elements...beautiful job!

-c

MJ said...

Great project! The Glimmer Mist worked so well!

Love the photo of Aly! You made her day!

A Vintage Chic said...

I LOVE your spunky gal tag, Miss Vicki!--fabulous in every way!

What a beautiful area you live in...I love it when you take us along on your drives!

Hope you're having a wonderful night, my friend!

Julie

espills said...

Spunk!! Like Pipi!!!
Great composition and colour. I like it!!!

Best Regards from Barcelona!!!

harrahx2 said...

I'm sitting here with a grin while reading because I love the pic of Aly. Love the bathing beauty! Hugs and hope you are having a great day.

1CardCreator said...

Love the Spunky gal! The jewels look great with it too.