Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guest Blogger Jan Hennings

Hello :)  My name is Jan Hennings and I love papercrafts, altering, home decor and gardening.  Hubby and I have seven children that keep us totally insane most of the time!  I guess my art is my escape..LOL!  When our oldest two were nearly grown, we adopted a sibling group of five and have enjoyed watching them grow up.  I've been blessed to have my art published in several Stampington and Company publications and ezines. Here's my blog if you'd like to visit :)  I design for Momenta, Scroll's Work Stamps, Creative Charms and Creative Inspirations.
 I can hardly believe I'm right here on Miss Vicki's blog!  I'm so inspired by her art, generosity and love of life and family!  I know you are, too :)  I met Vicki through blogging and first saw her art on  the Crafty Secrets website and was truly inspired. 
Today, I'm sharing an altered cigar box and an altered canvas that are made with Crafty Secrets, Creative Scraps and clear stamps..don't you just love these?  Now that the Creative Scraps are double-sided, I always have a difficult time trying to decide which side to use!  I always want both..LOL!

An Altered Canvas

14 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Beautiful cigar box, Jan! You always do such lovely work, my friend!

I didn't know you had such a big family--wow! What a wonderful thing!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Such a beautiful box- it is wonderful to get to know you :)

Home and Heart said...

SO pretty!

Sarah said...

Both of your projects are so beautifully embellished. I love the swirly pearls on the cigar box.

Bettyann said...

Welcome Jan, beautiful work...

1CardCreator said...

Awesome pieces Jan, both of them! The inside of that cigar box reallu rocks with the pom pom's, I love all the special details you add to your work! I must say Vicki has excellent taste in blogging friends. ~Diane

debbiek said...

Just beautiful, Jan. Love your color choices!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Totally love both of these projects! How pretty and the colors and lace so yummy vintage!!! Thanks for taking time to share with us Jan!

harrahx2 said...

I love how you took "found items" and created such beauty!

Jan said...

Thanks Harrahx2 :) Thanks for visiting my blog, too! I'd love to visit your!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great to see you here - love the soft colors! Enjoyed seeing the closeup shot of your trim -will have to go off to your blog next : )

Vicki C said...

THANKYOU so much Jan! this project is stunning! I am so lucky to have you guest blog here for me!

starqueen said...

Hi Jan,
Your work is lovely. It's nice to meet you through Vicki's blog. I look forward to seeing your blog too!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful pieces - love all the detail and trim!!!
I almost never buy double sided papers ect. because I just can't see covering up one side - would rather have 2 sheets and be able to use it all!!!