Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Guest Blogger Rita Barakat

 Hi!  Rita Barakat here guest blogging for Vicki while she is out of town. I was lucky enough to meet Vicki last Winter at CHA in Long Beach. She was super sweet and if you think her blog is fabulous you should see her work in person! Amazing! So I feel honored to be doing a guest post here today! 

I  do alot of scrapbooking and altered art using lots of different mediums. I design for several manufacturers and I couldn't decide what to share today so I picked several projects that are my favorites. 
 This is a canvas I made for my two daughters using an iron on, lots of Shimmerz, masks, Websters flowers  and borders, ZVA bling.
 Here is a recent project I did using stamps and several different mediums from Faber-Castell, the borders and stamps are from Ta Da Creative Studios.

This was a fun project using inks diretly on a black and white photo. You can tell that I like using alot of creative tehniques in my work. You can find more of my work on my blog Lets Embellish.
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love your work Rita- thanks for sharing!!!

Jan said...

Rita,
Love both these pieces! The canvas is amazing :)

A Vintage Chic said...

Hi, Rita! Great to see you again! Your layouts are just gorgeous--love all the color!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Julie

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Your work is beautiful! Your joy and love just radiate from your creations - thanks for sharing with us : )

Vicki C said...

LOVE them all! You are one talented girl! That first canvas is WOW... I had a hard time just getting past that one.. lol.. I just adore that! They are all fantastic. Thank you so so much for sharing your talent here on my blog and being a guest. so glad we met!

Bettyann said...

Welcome Rita..lovely work..

callofduty said...

You are a true artist. I love your work. The colors are simply spectacular. How many paintings have you done?

Rbarakat said...

hmm I dont know! I have never counted!LOL! Thanks ladies you are all so sweet!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful pieces!!! Lovely colors !!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Gorgeous pages! I love how fresh your colors are...and those roses!!!!

debbiek said...

Beautiful layouts, Rita!

Sarah said...

Such beautiful work, Rita. I love your use of bright colors on the b & w photo.

harrahx2 said...

Great pictures, great projects and darling girls. Hmmmm, it just doesn't get any better does it?

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Love the first canvas, and I bet your daughter does too.