Thursday, November 11, 2010

Guest Blogger...Julie Campbell

Good morning, everyone!

This is Julie Campbell here...doing a little guest blogging for Miss Vicki while she's away--so nice to meet you all!

Here I am:


I'm wife to Roger (22 years and counting!), and mother to three of the most amazing and beautiful daughters on the planet...I'm a lucky woman!

I love vintage.  All of it.  I always have...I was raised by a mother who loved it, too.  I grew up surrounded by my heritage...heirlooms, photos, stories...it became a part of me.

I love nothing more than to be making a vintage-style project and be able to tie it into a family story, which I do often on my blog, A Vintage Chic.

I'm  on the Crafty Secrets Design Team with Vicki...I just love their products...always have!  So, that's what I've used for today's projects...

First:

[DSC05578_edited-1[8].jpg]

A fun chipboard wall hanging…the chipboard piece from Crafty Secrets, as well as all the beautifully vintage Christmas images…


[DSC05571_edited-1[7].jpg]

…from both the new “Christmas” Creative Scraps and the “Christmas” Images & Journal Notes booklet…love that collage piece in the background! A lovely peppermint stripe print from Graphic 45’s Christmas Past collection…




[DSC05575_edited-1[7].jpg]


…this little sweetie was cut out and popped up, of course!

[DSC05564_edited-1[8].jpg]

Some lovely red vintage buttons, a single jingle bell, holly flowers, ribbon, lace, a bit of sparkle thanks to Dazzling Diamonds, platinum Stickles & some “Iridescent Gold” Glimmer Mist, and that’s about it!


Next, a completely different color scheme…

[DSC05579_edited-1[7].jpg]

Cool grey, silver, pink & white…and a lovely Victorian angel from Crafty Secrets’ “Christmas” Images & Journal Notes booklet…


I decided to carry on the arched look from the image and used a corner rounder punch for the different layers of the card…

[DSC05587_edited-1[7].jpg]

…sparkling falling snow, thanks to a little Dazzling Diamonds…

[DSC05581_edited-1[7].jpg]

…and some different sized sparkly snowflakes, all glitzed up with lots and lots of clear, chunky German glass glitter. A vintage pink button and some lovely Swarovski crystals finish them off…

[DSC05583_edited-1[7].jpg]

And last, but not least...

[DSC08735_edited-1.JPG]



Here's a shot of Vicki, Sandy (Crafty Secrets) and me...after dinner on the last day of CHA last January...we were sooooo tired that night!  Was a great experience working with these two wonderful women that week!

Well, that's it for me today.  It's been so much fun to be here and visit with you all!

Thanks, Vicki--and have a wonderful time!

Julie

14 comments:

Jan said...

Julie,
Such beautiful cards and the added crystals, glitter, buttons and trim are wonderful. Love the photo of you and the one with Vicki, Sandy and you :)
BEAUTIFUL cards and equally stunning :) Crafty Sedrets is lucky to have you :)

Vicki C said...

julie these are Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing them on my blog! I am just about to board the plane. Talk when i get back! huge thanks!

Donna said...

Julie, I love your work and enjoy your own blog so much.....it's good to see you here today! Thanks for sharing! You and Vicki are both wonderfully talented and I love all the inspiration from the CS team!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh those are so beautiful! I just love the snowflakes they look so real and cold! Thanks for taking time to share with us!!

debbiek said...

Great cards Julie! I too loved all the extra glitters:) Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah said...

Beautiful work, Julie! I especially like your Victorian angel card. The colors and embellishments are gorgeous!

harrahx2 said...

Julie, thanks so much for covering my buds butt! She is a gadfly, isn't she. Your wall hanging is wonderful and the card is too. Love that chunky glitter glass! Nice work.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love your work Julie! You are so wonderful- thank you for sharing!!! Hope you will be at CHA again and we will see each other :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great to see your work here : ) Love those sparkling snowflakes - your closeup shots really capture their beauty! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rbarakat said...

Gorgeous work Julie and you guys look super cute!Love the snow!!!

starqueen said...

Hi Julie,
Glad to see you here on vicki's blog. I love reading "A Vintage Chic" and love your beautifully detailed projects. And you did not disappoint here...your wall hanging and the card are lovely!
Thank you for sharing!

Home and Heart said...

And what a wonderful guest you are too!!! So nice to see you here as well!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

absolutey gorgeous yummy vintage creations!! thank you for sharing with us! glad i found your site! have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

Gorgeous projects! Especially love those glittery snowflakes!