Monday, November 22, 2010

"Quick and Easy Christmas Cards 2010" Crafty Secrets DT Challenge

Hey everyone!!  I've missed you! I had a great time, but as always it's good to me home again. There is so much to share I hardly know where to start.  But... since today is the November Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge Day, it gave me a great starting place. I have so many photos, projects and things to share with you it would be one ridiculously LONG post, so I'll break it up over the next week or so with a little mix of projects and photos from the past nine days. 
Thanks for making my Guest bloggers SO welcome!! I knew I could count on  you girls!  (and no wild parties either?? or did you just cover your tracks well??) Either way.. Thankyou!!
And to my Guest Bloggers, Jan, Rita, Julie, Sarah, and Kate, I cant thank you enough! It was so fun to see our posts while I was away. I just looked so forward to each one!
************************************************************

As for today's Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge, Every year I do up a set of "Quick and Easy" Christmas Cards to share here.   Lots of people love to make cute cards..but it is just a fact that "time" is usually an issue, especially this time of the year.  One of the things I love most about using Crafty Secrets   images is that they are totally cute images that make designing a card easy.  All it takes it a few scraps of paper and minimal embellishments and Wah la.. you have a handmade card that is really CUTE!
All cards don't have to me elaborate and time consuming. Using CS stamps and images lets you create something sweet and simple, or (if time allows) something more involved.  Either way you end up with a great hand made card you can be proud of.
Below are six different card designs I did, using the "Christmas" Creative Scraps, and the "Christmas mail" set of Clear Art Stamps.

The papers that I chose are  Basic Grey ( Eskimo kisses).  I've had them for some time and hadn't used them, but as I looked at these images with them, I really love the mix.












**Here is a link to last years "Quick and Easy" Cards, if you need more ideas.**

okay .... now, you will want to check out what the other girls have posted for this challenge , so here are the links.  Christmas inspiration just for you!


Visit Our Design Team Blogs!


· Vicki Chrisman Team Leader  (your here!)
· Pam Hooten
· Heidi Blankenship
· Linda Duke
· Michele Kovack
· Melissa Phillips
· Flo Teixeira 
·
Julie Campbell
· Mary Hamer
· Anna Wight (November Guest Designer)

· Heartwarming Vintage blog www.craftysecrets.com



*************************************************** 

Like I said earlier, I have so much to share, so I'll share some each day, but here are just a few things to start off.  Below is a video clip of me sharing some of my CS faves in a little interview with Malia Martine for Vintage Indie  (at CKC Seattle), in the Crafty Secrets booth.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After CKC Seattle, it was off to Canada.  Below is a photo of the great bunch of women who came to see us at the "Vintage Christmas Open House" at "Cherish the Memories" in Port Moody BC.  We had such a fun time there, and what a great turn out! Huge thanks to all of you for the welcome! And thankyou to Jessie for asking me to come.

Below, Sandy and I with Jessie (owner of Cherish the Memories).


There is so much more to share. Lots between those photos and this one. ha
The flight home


But I'll save those for another day.  It was a great time.  Now I'm busy catching up on things here, laundry, email, unpacking ,and giving my pups love needed love. Aly isnt letting me out of her sight at this point. (silly pup)
Don't forget to check out the projects on the DT girls blogs, ... they are always a treat!

Have a happy day!

Feels good to be  back blogging again.




15 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Love your Quick & Easy cards, Miss Vicki--each one fabulous!

So glad you had such a good time & glad you're home safely--always feels good, doesn't it?!

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, yea...great job on the video--you look so cute! The booth looked great, too--love the fairy banner!

Pam said...

Such fun cards Vicki!
Great video too, brings back fun memories of being in the Crafty booth!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, I love your quick and easy cards!! They are so Fantastic and Cute!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time on your travels--love the video!

Pieces of Home Designs said...

Wow Vicki! You have been one busy bee! Love your cards - so quick, easy, and cute!! I loved watching your video, too! Hopefully CHA is in Chicago again this summer so I can lend a hand and meet you!!

harrahx2 said...

Who said we didn't have a party...we just cleaned up really good! Kate was a great party hostess and all the other guests cooked, baked and laughed. We had a wonderful time and missed you but they handled things quite well! Of course, I am glad you are back as it's hard to party with the young kids now! Great cards and glad it was such a good trip. Glad to have you home!

malia said...

LOVE the cards and it was so fun meeting you... xoxo malia

Anonymous said...

Love your Quick and easy cards, and the video was great. Looks like you had a wonderful time on your trip, but it's always nice to be home. Hugs, Linda D

Donna said...

OOoooohhhhh Vicki! You used one of my all time favorite sheets of CS images for this set of cards and wow o wow are they just precious! LOVE the mix of vintage with the BG line!! What a great eye!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

What wonderful cards, every one! Thank you for the fun challenge! I MISS you guys! :) -Anna.

Susan said...

Welcome home - missed you. Your easy Christmas cards are great. And loved the video!
Susan

kathy/North Carolina said...

Welcome back! We missed you!!! Love, love, love the cards and can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

debbiek said...

It was sooooo fun to watch your video, Ms. Vicki! I chuckled when they caught you chewing gum before interviewing you;)

The booth looked gorgeous and I'm THRILLED that I own one of your ornaments. So happy to see CS making more cooking themed items. What a FUN gift to give a recipe book that was created by hand as a Christmas gift. Heck, I just might decide to keep it myself...lol!

Rbarakat said...

Gorgeous projectas as always girl! Looks like you had a great time! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

iffatali said...

I believe that Marrakech ought to be earned as a destination. The journey is the preparation for the experience. Reaching it too fast derides it, makes it a little less easy to understand.
Flights to Addis Ababa
Cheap Flights to Addis Ababa
Cheap Air Tickets to Addis Ababa