Monday, November 01, 2010

Vintage Street Market (circus theme)

Happy Monday everyone!!  Hope you all had a great weekend and a Happy Halloween!  (I'll share a couple of photos of my little tricksters at the end of this post) lol
I've been wanting to tell you more about Vintage Street Market and the give-a-way they have going on over there right now. Pop on over and put your name in okay.  You can do that right here.

I was thrilled to be a guest designer for them, and get to work with these fun kits. The first kit was Halloween. You can see my projects from that kit HERE in this post.
Below are my circus themed projects.

How great is this guy? I wanted to save him for a party decoration..so instead of altering him in anyway.. I just created a stand for him ..using a die cut.


I was so excited to see this popcorn bag in the kit.  I decided I would alter it and make a mini album out of it and some of the totally cool other elements that came in the kit.   You and see this and all of my circus themed projects ... with "how to's", what inspired them ,and my childhood circus memories....   HERE on the VSM website.   I'd love for you to pop over there and check it out... and while your there, don't forget to put your name in for the give-a-way!!!




The crepe paper made a great ruffle for the edges of my album.  (oh.. and that cute pom pom trim too)  There are lots of fun vintage treasures to work with in these kits.

Below you can see how I used a scored piece of chipboard to give shape and stability to my bag (album cover).  I just cut it to size, scored it in the middle ... and it's ready to slide inside the bag to form the cover of the album.


Machine stitching played a bit part in assembling this little album.  All of the fun elements inside are from the kit.
Those clown game pieces worked great for helping the finished album stand freely.

All of the pictures are from our small town yearly celebration.  "Old Settlers Days".  Jarad and Kate.




I decided to add magnets to these domino's to make a fun photo holder. I had seen this idea quite some time ago and always meant to make some.  ... now I have. ha!


The little cutie in is William, Paula's Grandson.


Some other fun pieces from the kit... and another use for domino's.


Well ,you know me.. and my obsession with banners. lol   I HAD TOO!   This banner is now hanging above Wyatt's play area, over his toy shelf. 


I'm super excited about thing to come from Vintage Street Market.  Keep an eye on this company... there are great things to come!!

*************************************************************

Okay... here are my tricksters... lol



Ladybug Aly .....


and jack-o-lantern Molly.


******************************************
You'll want to keep your eye on the Heartwarming Vintage blog .... because there are some cute photos over there that you wont want to miss! lol
******************************************  

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love love love what you did and this company looks absolutely awesome! You doggies are the cutest :)

debbiek said...

Your projects are jaw dropping fabulous, Ms. Vicki! Love your little 'tricksters'....LOL! Molly actually looks like she's SMILING. Sooooooo darling:)

Sarah said...

That is the cutest bag album that I have ever seen. Your creativity is amazing!

A Vintage Chic said...

I love this Circus album so much, Vicki, that I just went over and ordered the kit! Just wish it was bigger! Can't wait to see what they get for Christmas!

Love your fabulous style, my friend!

Julie

Jan said...

Super cute little paper bag album :) I hopped right over to vintage street market and am keeping my fingers crossed!
Well..well!! These are the cutest trick-or-treaters I've ever seen!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Vicki....wow. Wow. Wow. Your creativity just takes my breath away!

1CardCreator said...

Love all the fabulous projects! ~Diane