Monday, December 27, 2010

Bye Bye 2010 {layouts}

Here we all .. Christmas over and heading towards welcoming in a new year.  My friend Nat is once again doing her .."Bye bye 2010" posts this week, and I'm joining in.   You can read about it here on Nat's blog, but the just of it is, that she is doing two different posts, one ..posting her favorite layouts (she created) in 2010 and the other posting her favorite photos (she's taken) turning 2010.  I see that Nat is posting (12) layouts and photos. What I'm doing is just sharing some from each of the companies I do work for.  I guess I don't have a set number. lol.. just some from each.   It's was kind of fun to look back on these as I was choosing.  Fun to look back on the new products these companies have come out with over the past year and how they have grown.
I know Natalie would love to have you join in and post your favorites. Feel free to use her image below if you do ,and link to herNatalie Kalbach  "Scrapbook Trends"
I will be posting some layouts and some projects for "bye bye 2010" post
Hope you enjoy!


I'll start with  Crafty Secrets Projects....

I had alot of fun creating this little book from a 12x12 piece of paper, stitching, some Glimmer Mist and  Crafty Secrets "Altered Fairy" Creative Scraps.


This piece started with a piece of corrugation from the side of a box and some old sewing patterns.
Images from Crafty Secrets.


The frame below is simple but still a favorite. It was done with a $1 Store frame and a Dahlia stamp from Crafty Secrets. (the stamp was stamped  only with black ink on the actual plain mat the that came with the frame).


Another ..bit more "Altered" frame using Crafty Secrets "Birds and Blossoms" Creative Scraps.



The next few projects are from Fancy Pants.


I'm not sure if it's the layouts or the darling photos that I like on these. lol


The one below of A.. is done on a canvas



I don't do "guy" layouts often enough..so I guess I'm just happy to have this one.




We were asked to do a layout that we thought best represented "our style" .. this is the one I did.


I gave this to my sister as a gift..but It's probably one of my very favorites. I was happy with how it turned out.


                                                            Tattered Angels
 
This is one of my newest projects done with TA products. (Glimmer Glaze on Glass)


sassy! lol


Below... I love trying something new.. and was so excited to see the effect you get when using your Screens to emboss.  ( this was done on a piece of soft copper sheeting...by running it through my wizard machine)



well, you can imagine that as far as AccuCut projects this year... having my own die made was defiantly the highlight! lol     So I have to share projects done with that right?  totally!




Crafty Secrets Products and this die, are a match made in heaven ..that's for sure.


                                          Vintage Street Market

Its only been a short time but I have had SO much fun with kits from VTM.  Keep your eyes on them because CHA is going to be bringing exciting NEW products from them that will make you very HAPPY!
Here are some of my favorite projects that I've created with their kits.

below.. Mitten gift card holder


Album made from a popcorn bag.


wow..that's a "bunch" of stuff. lol   I am SO lucky to get to create for companies that have such fantastic and inspirational products.  Lucky me huh?


Thank you for all the times you stopped by in 2010 and left comments and words of encouragement. They always brighten my day!   You guys are the best!  

 Here's to another year of creativity and friendship!

14 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

I would absolutely agree with you on the favourites part - every single one of these projects is on my top list of your 2010 creations as well.
STUNNING - you never cease to inspire me.

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Wow, I love everything that you are showing. My favorite is the TA glimmer glaze on glass. Will you ever do a tutorial on it. It looks amazing.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

these are sooo stunning-it is wonderful to see them all together. Thanks for playing along!

Jan said...

Lovin' all you favorites for 2010 and the LO with the truck that says Vintgae is so cool and inspirational...and your Vintage Street Market Popcorn album is entirely too sweet...and the shadowbox projects are all amazing...and OK...OK...you get that you're an awesome designer, right :) Can't wait to see more in 2011 :)

Carol (HB) said...

geez Vic, now I have a sore chin because that was a lot of jaw-dropping on my counter... over and over and over. LOL
O.M.G. you make the most breathtaking creations. I love LOVE them all!

Susie said...

Oh, what fun to get the chance to see all your fav's in one post! You are SO very talented!
And your style....wow...just wow...

debbiek said...

Love your projects, Ms. Vicki! I STILL say you are a genius for coming up with that shadowbox die:) Best wishes to you and yours for 2011.

harrahx2 said...

To my amazing, creative and smart friend....greatround up of some wonderful creations. My favorite is the "man page" as I know it is not your comfort zone. Hope you are doing fun things today!

Anonymous said...

Love EVERYTHING you do Ms. Vicki. Your work always inspires me my friend. Hugs and have a great New Year. Linda Duke ;)

stampqueen said...

I loved looking at all you layouts and projects for the year - great stuff!!!!
Do your shadow box dies fit on any other than the accu cut machines? Sounds like you may have used them in your wizard.... I am thinking of getting a vagabond or the new big spellbinders machine - they look wide enough - just wonder about deep enough????

Michele said...

I adore each and every project you've created! I love your vintage and shabby style!

malia said...

ack! so much gorgeous-ness in one post! sassy lady is my fav. wishing you a happy healthy artsy new year!
malia

Lois said...

Thank you for sharing your talents and family with us. I love all of the layouts and cards and things you made. So inspiring. Can't wait for 2011!!!

DeniseLynn said...

So fun to see your year of art review. I'm crazy about the glimmer glaze on glass one {I think it's my personal fave}. Happy New Year Vicki and thank you for sharing your heart and your art with us all!