Monday, December 20, 2010

Crafty Secrets December Design Team Challenge {Calendar theme}

Happy Monday Everyone!  Well, it wont be long now, and we'll have to be thinking about a whole new year!  We thought this would be a good time to share projects that show off some of Crafty Secrets "Calendar themed" products.
I will link to all of the other Design Team girls blogs at the end of my post , so that you can pop over and see what they created for this challenge.  These talented girls, always have something beautiful to share.
For my project I created a desk top calendar.    I used......




Sweet Chips Albums  (will be up on the new website very soon)



______________________________________________________________

I cut my album pieces in half and punched two holes at the top for rings.
The calendar is "chunky" enough that is just stands freely on it's own.


Since I wanted to use the large images from the  Creative Scraps sheet, I went to the Crafty Secrets Website and printed off the free down load that is available there.    Free Calendar down load.

I decided to go with the same basic design for each month, and just change the patterned papers to match the images.

I didn't add alot of embellishments, but you certainly could.  I would just keep them minimal, simply because  this calendar is already pretty chunky.  I wanted this to be a cute calendar..but also one that would be functional.
















I don't know if you could notice in these photos, but on the calendars each month I have attached little gems on family birthdays.
So... you can see below..that when you lift up that month and look on the back, I've added a place where I can write in the names and dates of those birthdays.
( so below you can see that when I would lift up Oct and look at the back.. I can see Oct birthdays)
Of course each month has a list like this on the back. But that would be ALOT of photos ..so.. you get the idea.



and here we are at the end of another year. lol


  
I also wanted to show you some of the Beautiful cards and tags made with Crafty Secrets images and stamps , that I've gotten in the mail this past week from friends.  Aren't they gorgeous.  Thanks friends!

(far left)- Paula Bendig
(middle)-Thanh Vo
(far right)- Jane Harrah
(tag on the table) Sarah Hemphil 
I also have a beautiful tag from Donna Thomson that I just have not photographed yet..but will post later.

*******************************************************

I've pretty much wrapped up the Christmas baking around here now.. so I'm sharing just one more of my favorite cookie recipes.


These are sooo good! Thought I'd share. 

I make them every year..they are Jarads favorite.

Cherry Chip

2 1/4 c flour
1/8 teas salt
1 c butter (softened) marg is okay
1/2 c sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teas almond extract
3/4 c cornflakes
1 pkg Cherry Chips

Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg yolk, and almond extract. Stir in flour and salt. Once mixed , add corn flakes and cherry chips. Roll into 1 inch balls . on ungreased cookie sheet , press dough with fork. Sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 375-12min

Enjoy!

oh.. for those of  you who need your chocolate fix....



And a few more photos of Christmas around our house this year....


 I love this vintage Santa ... so much.  I remember when I was little we used to have a big one like this.


My shiny brights and my little vintage Santa's I found this year.


and this little angel is a new found treasure this year also.  Isn't she so sweet?



Oh.. and I have to share a photo of  my poor little sad tree. lol   You may have read other posts where I've talked about this little tree that came from my Uncles Cabin in the Black Hills. I was so excited to plant it in the yard this year.. and it's been doing really well. .. but.. it's looking a little rough right now because of the ice storm we just had.  The star is leaning so far over you can hardly see it right now. lol
but... I know Uncle Jake would get a kick out of it.



Here are the links to the rest of the Crafty Secrets Design Team girls blogs.  Hope you can stop over and see what they've created for this months challenge.

 Vicki Chrisman Team Leader (you are here) he
  Pam Hooten
  Heidi Blankenship
  Michele Kovack
  Melissa Phillips
  Julie Campbell
  Mary Hamer


Crafty Secrets
Heartwarming Vintage Blog


Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

LOVE it, Miss Vicki! Your calendar book is perfect!

Love the scenes throughout your house...and you KNOW I love those cookies (thanks again, my friend!)

Your tree is wonderful! We all need a "Charlie Brown" tree, don't we?!

Have a beautiful, Christmasy day, dear friend!

Julie

Pam said...

Super cute calendar Vicki! Love all your holiday photo's!

Sending you Christmas {hugs}

Jan said...

Great calendar album! The little tree just makes me LOL...the poor little thing :)

Michelle Wooderson said...

Adorable calendar pages Vicki. Sweet little images, so vintagey and cute. And those Cherry Chip cookies are NOT going to be on my list this year.....no cherry chips to be found around here, DRATS!!!

craig said...

dont kill the tree.

debbiek said...

Adorable calendar book! Your cookies look yummy and are making me SUPER hungry for some.....

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Bettyann said...

lovely calender...thanks for sharing...cute lil charlie braown tree...have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year dear lady !!!

Karen W said...

Amazing job, this calendar is fantastic!

Paper Boutique said...

Oh Vicki that calendar is a darling, it looks like a pretty purse you want to hold on to!

Cynthia said...

Your calendar is adorable!

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Vic! The calendar is perfect! I love each scene you chose for that particular month.
About those cookies: where in the world do you find cherry chips? When I saw the photo I thought chopped maraschino cherries but I guess not. Lucky Chrismans'
Hugs,
Liv

malia said...

Love the calendar! And the cookies... I've never heard to cherry chips!
malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Loretta said...

I love your blog, and I love this post. My goal is to visit Crafty Secrets headquarters in Surrey this year, as it's just across the bridge from me, and stock up on CS items, as I can't find them in stores anywhere here in Vancouver. I just love all your photos and the calendar is lovely! Merry Christmas! I get your updates by email but rarely post. I enjoy all your blogging posts; you are so talented.

Sarah said...

Love your calendar and that cute little tree, too. Merry Christmas, my friend!!

Linda Davis said...

Wonderful pictures of you decorations. Thanks for sharing them.