Thursday, December 30, 2010

New layout and a bit of this and that

I've been having fun with some new things.. so I thought I would share.   If you didn't know already.. Crafty Secrets is having a week full of deals with there Shop Hop Sale.  You and read all about it here.
One of the things that is one the Heartwarming Vintage blog this week is some sneak peeks at some of the  printables that will be on the new CD's Crafty Secrets will be coming out with for CHA.
I used one fo the damask prints for the background on this layout.
There will be several designs on the first CD; Creating with Vintage Papers including more damasks, sheet music, text, florals, etc. as well as basic instructions, inspiring samples and tips & tricks. Available for sale mid February with a Typography and Image CD's to follow.





The round base for this layout is from AccuCut. This is one of the projects I have been working on for them for their huge booth display at CHA.
Die- CR626G  Circle- 11 1/2
The flower and leaf die is also from Accucut
Die-F1440J  Flowers & Leaves #3
I also used Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamp Set - Artsy Banners
and ABC Top Hat Letters

Darling family.... my nephew and is wife and kiddos


Below ... the damask printed on different colors of cardstock. pretty huh?
for more info on the envelope template and the downloads check the heartwarming vintage blog.

Had to show you this quick. Remember when I showed you the bargains I got the other day? Well I decided not to paint the basket blue... I painted the frame and stool blue. Thought I'd share.
This frame looks like wood but isn't, it's really light weight.  So I didn't feel bad about painting it. lol

After I painted it, I used a Fancy Pants Flocked transparent overlay to put inside. I love the look of it.


Here you can see the stool. It used to be yellow.  Fun to have a little change now and then. (esp when you spend as much time in a room ... as I do this one! whew



Next post I'll be playing along with my friend Nat for her Bye Bye to 2010 "photos"
You can read more about it here if you'd like to play along.



I know you can!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Goody! Goody! I can't wait for the Crafty Secrets CD! What a great idea :)
Love your projects and the Family piece is darling!

Rbarakat said...

Cool - cant wait for that CD! ute lo girly! Just want to wish you a happy new year! I hope your Christmas was wonderful! I will be tracking you down at CHA girl!

debbiek said...

Oh...a CD! Awesome!!! Something else to add to my 'got to have' list:)

Love your art room Ms. Vicki. Wish mine looked as neat as yours. At least now I can walk in it...had time to organize a bit the other day;)

Happy New Year to you and yours. Hope I will get to see you this year at CHA!

LauraB said...

Happy New Year to my fav blogging artist!