Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesdays sharing

I woke up happy to see the sun shining today, even if it is brrrrrr... outside!  Still love the sunshine coming through the window while I work. Even Aly found a sunny place on the bed to nap... and is looking cozy!
I worked on a project last night using Glimmer Glaze on Glass ( which is the focus for this months products for Tattered Angels).  I guess I just hadn't used it on glass much before, because It's been SO amazing to me to see just what it can do, depending on the colors you blend, the way you apply it, and the amount you use, ect... you can achieve so many different looks.  This frame was a simple black $store frame in the beginning.  I took the back off and used only the frame and the glass. ( of course I'll save the back for another project). My mind is reeling on that. I think is will be fun.
Anyway, I used Espresso Bean and Organic Garden Glimmer Glam on the glass.  I tried a number of different ways of applying it , and getting different  looks. The center most "translucent" part of the glass area was done by just using a small foam brush to brush on a over all layer of a bit of both colors I mentioned.
The outside edges were done by applying a larger amount of each of the colors around the edges.. ( actually I used a very "technical" tool again. ...The end of my pencil. (eraser end) lol. This way I could add big drops on the edges and then use the pencil end to swirl the two colors.  I love the effect... SO wish you could see it in person.


As for this bird image from Crafty Secrets... yes.. I am obsessed with it. lol  Seriously I am so drawn to it, I use it alot! ( it's from the "Birds and Blossoms" Creative Scraps). The music note background you see was done using one of the stamps from the Crafty Secrets "Artsy Banner" set of Clear Art Stamps.   ( I will be using this project for one of the Crafty Secrets Challenges over at Split Coast Stampers). Those girls over there come up with some great challenges. I try to join in when I can.. and it's great fun.    Just the kind of challenges I like.. fun challenges with nice people ..and no pressure. Come on over and play along if you can.

The flower heads and ribbon are from Ooh la la design originals, and the leaves I just cut from paper and added with my glue gun.    I covered the black frame with some pretty paper.
ps.a few of you have emailed me wondering about how to order Ooh La la products.  Here is the info from Cory Phillips about that.

"Hi my name is Cory Phillips I hand make all the ooh la la products our website will be up and running hopefully mid Jan  http://www.oohlaladesignoriginals.com/   Thanks so much! Cory"

I used Creative Impressions chain to hang the frame from. Sometimes I Just love the look of it in place of ribbon or lace.
The embossed Chipboard piece in the corner is from Tattered Angels and the Pebble is from Prima.


I've been enjoying taking time to decorate for Christmas and do some holiday baking.  Now.. if I just stay AWAY from these.  (and no..putting them in the freezer doesn't stop me) Anything that involves peanut butter and chocolate.. works for me.

Also made some of these. Wyatt is coming over the help me frost the rest. haha. Great photo opp .. for sure. These are just a simple recipe..but I've been making them since the boys were little.


Rolled Sugar Cookies

1 c sugar
1 c marg
3 Tab milk
1 teas van
1 egg
3 c flower
1 1/2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
Directions: In a large bowl combine first 4 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients blend well. (CHILL)
Roll and Cut  bake 400 for 5-8 min.  ( I like mine soft, so I roll them a bit thicker and don't bake them as long)

***********************************************************

I have to share a few of the Christmas postcards that my friend Julie gave me a while back. Aren't they sweet?

 I look at things like this and would just love to have watch the person who made this, creating it.  How fun!

What is it about vintage images and these gorgeous fonts and saying that just draw me in. They are just so comforting to me.


Like I said, I'm really enjoying "The Season" This year. Seems life is always ..full speed ahead. Running from one thing to another. I am really trying to slow down and take time to just "enjoy",  the things I really love to do.  Spend time with family and friends, bake, decorate,light candles and  listen to Christmas music, ect.. .. and just enjoying "home".


                                                         ...................  take time

10 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

woooowwwww girl..love all your eyecandy!!!

Jan said...

Vicki,
Your altered frame is GORGEOUS!! Love the effect on glass.
Cookies look nummy, too :)

VAWM said...

Vicki,
All of this is so wonderful! Have a wonderful holiday!
Victoria

MrsETaylor said...

You always make me smile from ear to ear when I visit your corner of blog land. Love how the projects turned out and those cookies..... YUM!!!

A Vintage Chic said...

Love this, Vicki! You do amazing things, my friend!

Those vintage postcards are beautiful--I'm always drawn to the fonts, too--love vintage fonts!

Thanks for sharing your sugar cookie recipe--I'm always looking for the "perfect" one--the taste I remember from childhood...still looking! Maybe this is the one!

Thanks for the visit and for being so nice to me...you're just the best, my friend!

Julie

Sarah said...

You come up with some of the prettiest projects, Vicki! I think I need some Glimmer Glam!!
I don't need the cookies but who can resist. They look scrumptious.

debbiek said...

Love the projects and those cookies, wow. They are making me craving sugar sooooooooo bad....lol! Have a great day;)

harrahx2 said...

Drooling in Maryland between the cookies and the frame....... just drooling, I tell ya! I am also trying to slow things down and encouraging my friends to STOP with gift giving and instead, share time. I find it much nicer to share some quality time with friends. Love your projects and I really am drooling!

Linda Beeson said...

I seriously would have never guessed that would work like that on glass! I am amazed, what a gorgeous creation. I so love Glimmer Mist, especially the newer Chalkboard ones.

D@nielle said...

ooh the cookies look yummy