Friday, January 14, 2011

Keeping warm......

Well, all I can say is I'm almost glad I'm in my room.. ( on lock down) lol.. working on CHA projects ect... because.. Baby its cold outside!!
So,. I'll get this one "chilly" project out of the way , but showing it to you now.
big frying pan + rocks + water + bitter cold =  ice ART

**************************************************************

Here is a layout that is up here on the Miss Fancy Pants blog, using the "Love Birds" die cut paper.  I do adore this line... yes I do.
The photo is one of the photos I took of my nephew Scott and his family this fall. 
Scott, Sue, Bryan, Lyndsay, Sean and Matthew

That has to be the cutest owl ever!


Sometimes I struggle with the title for a layout, but the minute I held this photo in my hand I knew "We stand together" would be the title.  Wish that happened more often. Sometimes it's nice when things are easy!

 
below-  Those polka-dots are punched from one of the sheets of paper from this line.  I punched them out and decided to number them ( representing the number of people in their family) , and them add them to the page using Scrapbook Adhesives 3-D Foam squares for dimension.

Oooooops.. here we are back to COLD again.  I forgot I wanted to share this photo with you. Sorry for snapping you back to reality (those of you who are deal with snow and cold).   Those of you in warm sunny places... ( sticking my tongue out at you right now) lol

photo from the bedroom window early yesterday morning.  ( see, still.. I'm trying to find some beauty in this ridiculously COLD weather)  trying....


I also had to share this... (even if you can see my ugly old couch in the spare room). I had the slipcover off .. washing it, when I came back in to see this.    I had sent this photo to my sister Jan and she wrote back pointing out how the photo really said so much about each of these dogs personalities.  I really hadn't thought about it, but it's so true!
Aly... ruler.. princess,
Cloey...shy and apprehensive
Molly... ..well, you guess it, taking all the space she wants, doing things her own way, and not caring a bit about what anyone else thinks about it.
Totally sums up each personality!!


 

Back to projects for me...
Hope you have a fantastic day!

11 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Love that layout, my friend--perfect title for it, too!

That's such a gorgeous photo with the icicles & the sunrise (sunset?). And even though I live in California--it's been COLD here! Okay...we don't have icicles hanging off the roof, but there's been some SERIOUS frost on the roofs in the morning! Guess I shouldn't whine!

Good luck with lockdown--you're a good woman! I know all your projects will be fabulous!

Julie

Maggie said...

I love your ice art! Sooo neat may have to try it! Oh I also I wanted to share with you Vicki that I've chosen you for the stylish blogger award! Check my post here for the badge! :)
http://maggietheartistne.blogspot.com/2011/01/you-got-style.html

Carol (HB) said...

LOVE the layout! I have to learn not to center pictures because the layout has so much more personallity they way you do it!
I haven't noticed the cold (I'm NEVER outside except the short distance from the building to the garage. lol) but we sure do have snow!

debbiek said...

Clever layout, Ms. Vicki and I LoVe the photo of the dogs! Can you hear me rolling on the floor laughing? Such personalities...too cute! I share in your dislike of the cold. Here in Wisconsin we are having our share of it too:(

Donna said...

LOVE the photo of your sweet pups!! That is really one of those "thousand words" shots!
Be blessed and stay warm this weekend!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Vicki...I don't know that I've ever seen anyone who loves beauty the way you do. Rocks, frying pan and cold weather. Love it! Love the sweet little owl, too!

Country Liv . . . said...

Glorious sunrise photo, Vic! And the girls . . . awe. Are you sure that Cloey isn't pretending to be a shy and retiring angel?
About the cold: here (N. Carolina) we still have snow and ice on the ground from last Sunday's storm! That's a first in the 20 years I've lived down here! Still, not like Nebraska cold!
Warm hugs,
Liv

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Ahhh... your l.o. is beautiful, as always! And your ice creation is gorgeous! No snow and freezing cold overhere, but...tada... a little sunshine!
Have a lovely Sunday!
Hugs, Elly

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I love the rocks! What a great idea. I also love the page, it works so well. But the dogs? They are the best. Love how they play together, stay together and rest together. Hugs and man, it looks chilly there. We had that stuff last winter but not this year so far. Some cold but nothing like what you get! Now put that tongue back in your mouth!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh I love that rock art that is really neat! And I adore that layout!! OMG looks like there is just a small spot left on the couch to snuggle with all them babies, I wanna be right in the middle, too sweet!!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

What an awesome picture and title...wish I was that creative...you never cease to amaze me with your creativity...thanks for sharing and inspiring us creatively-challenged types!