Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Sharing Sharing Sharing

Happy Day!  Hope things are well in your world.  Good here, just busy working on CHA projects.  This is the first year, in what seems like forever ..that I've decided not to attend CHA. Feels kind of weird..but on the other hand, it great to know I can work on my projects right here in my comfy pjs if I want to... and then just stick them in the mail. :)    I am working on samples for Crafty Secrets, Tattered Angels, AccuCut, Vintage Street Market, and Fancy Pants.......... and all I will say.. is you are going to L*O*V*E what they have up their sleeves for new CHA releases!  Hold on.. because you are about to be "wowed".  Exciting new stuff ...............and sneak peeks are coming soon.  stay tuned.
***********************************************************
Okay.. now that I've teased you enough on that. lol    I think I better share a project or two.  I have a new blog post up HERE on the New Tattered Angels blog, and this is just one of the canvases I have posted there.  I love for you to come over and check  out the new blog and the other projects I have posted.
The Amazing new Design Team will be posting to the TA blog daily.. so it will be a great place to watch for peeks at new TA products being released.


Isn't this mirror chair fun?  Found it when I was in Canada last time. Wish I would have gotten alot more of them. The Banner was made with Crafty Secrets "Artsy Banner" Clear Art Stamp set.
Book print tape around the outside of the canvas is from Tim Holtz.
For this first canvas background I used Waterfall , and Pink Lady Glimmer Glaze, and Organic Garden Glimmer Glam. 



Love TA products on Canvas!  You can see from these closer shots.. how easy it is to blend the colors.


The rest of my projects are here on the TA blog if you'd like to see.

********************************************************************

Jumping around a bit here, but you might remember a while back I shared a photo of this frame I found at a sale and repurposed to this chalkboard piece.  Actually it is a fairly light weight frame .. not wood or anything of great value..but I really liked it ( and the price was right... cheap ..ha).  Anyway, I thought it would be a shame to toss the mirror, and who knows, maybe sometime I might want to turn it around and use it as a mirror again.......so I just flipped it and spray painted the back of the mirror with chalkboard paint, and popped it right back in .


So... look at this cool project my niece Amber did with a decorative  frame . She incorporated shells, she had been collecting, and made this gorgeous piece.
  I had to write her back and ask her what photo editing program she was using , because I was so intrigued with it.  She said it was hipstamatic ( iPhone app)



 Yep she defiantly has an eye!  Maybe if I beg her, she'll let me some photos of you home. She is amazing with design and color!   As much as I love color... when it comes to decorating .. for some reason I'm a bit intimidating.  I need to take more risks.

*****************************************************

Since this blog post is all over the place anyway.. I might as well "go with it".  So .. jumping to another subject. ha
Some of you to subscribe or stop by on a regular basis , have probably seen me posting projects for a new company called "Vintage Street Market".   They have now announced their first Design Team.. and I'm proud to announce I am lucky enough to have been asked. 

Vintage Street Market Design Team


Right now they have great kits with a mix of vintage and current popular products for sale in their store, along with individual goodies you can purchase. HERE
And you will want to check out the Recipes section of their site. This is where tutorial, templates ect.. are shared.  That along with the great ideas and info they are sharing on the blog  .. will definatly inspire you.  I'm super excited about the vintage and "homey" feel of this company and how it shows on the blog.  This blog is just a happy place.   They even share history and tidbits about other vintage things that are so fun and intriguing...... like this  fun post HERE.   
 They will be releasing their first products in just a couple of weeks at CHA... but was here and on the Vintage Street Market blog for peeks.  I have seen whats to come and  it is SO COOL!   You are going to be hearing ALOT about this company!



Okay, I'm pretty sure I've filled chatted enough and given you PLENTY of fun links to check out.. so I will close for now.
Have fun.. I know you will enjoy the eye candy as you hop around to check them out.
Trust me on this. :)

Really .. trust me.. lol

6 comments:

Jan said...

woooo---h0oo0o! BIGGEST congrats on Vintage Street Market and they got the best with you, Julie and the other gals :)
LOVE your projects!

A Vintage Chic said...

Gorgeous stuff, Vicki--LOVE that mirror! I love what your niece did with her frame--very cool!

Hope you're having a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

VAWM said...

Great stuff Vicki! Vintage Street Market has a winning team!

Jane Wetzel said...

hey Vicki! LOVE what u did with the mirror! AND SO HAPPY you are on the Vintage st Mrket team! With u and Julie that should be sooo awesome..cant wait to see what u have in store for us! :) Happy New Year!

debbiek said...

Congrats on making the team, Ms. Vicki! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with:)

stampqueen said...

Congrats on your new DT!!!
I love the shells and frame that your niece did!!! And the photo itself too. I have been trying to learn my new droid and I heard about that photo edit program for it - I am sold now (wonder how long it will take me to figure it out.... :)