Saturday, February 05, 2011

Altered Tray and First Friday Art Walk

wow.. the days are just getting away from me here.  How is it Saturday already??  Just one more day closer to Spring right? I'm just going to think of it that way:)
I'm feeling filled with inspiration after attending "First Friday Art Walk" in Downtown Lincoln last night. I'll tell you more about it, and share some photos, but first I'll share my latest project posted here on the Tattered Angels Blog.

I painted the metal with  Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze.   I loved the design on this tray and couldn't wait to try out the paints on it. I'm loving all the color!   If you are interested .. all of the colors that I used , are listed and links  HERE

***************************************************************
I've been super excited for my son Wes.  He and his friend Amy have rented a art/music studio in down down Lincoln.., and last night was the "First Friday Art Walk". There are a number of different Studios all with common hallways. It's open to the public, and people can just walk from room to room, checking out what everyone has on display.  Creative Inspiration everywhere! 



February First Friday Artwalk




Posted by: Lincoln Arts Council
Every First Friday of the month is an event that many communities across the nation celebrate. In Lincoln's Art Community, it allows a chance for local art galleries and establishments to open their doors to the public and have open house events where the public can come and see what is new in the art world. Here on the Lincoln Arts Council website, we offer a complete guide to all of open houses for Lincoln's First Friday Art Walk.
____________________________________________________________________________

The place that Wes and is friend Amy share actually has two rooms. Amy uses hers for books and writing, Wes using his for recording his music.  They have many friends who then, display their artwork in their studio for these shows.  Wes even let his old momma display some framed photos. :)
This is one of the rooms (Wes and my brother-in-law Keith) standing against the wall there by the doorway.


The art work on the walls in the photos above and the two below, were all done by friends of theirs.   They are really excited about sharing this space and being a part of this creative endeavor.  The turnout was amazing!  I'm so impressed that Lincoln supports the arts with things like this.
Speaking of "support".... Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my family???  The kids in our family have learned so much about family support.. by example.  Thank you to my family for coming and showing support for Wes, and sharing in his excitement.    My sis Jan, my niece Diana and I all brought goodies to set out
for people to help themselves ... and trust me they did. :)    It was just a great time.  Good to be with family and to see alot of Wes's friends.


There was artwork in so many different forms, .. so much to look at.  I wanted to take more photos..but felt a little uncomfortable about it .. so I restrained myself. But I will say, if you live anywhere near, this is a very interesting, creative, inspiring and free.. way to spend your Friday evening!


I hope you have a  wonderful weekend!  I'm off to a great start!


3 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Good for Wes! He comes by his creativity honestly and your pictures look good. I hope it goes well for him.

Jan said...

Love your altered tray :) Wishin Wes the vest with his new studio :)

Sarah said...

Wow!!! Love that tray!!