Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Altered vase ( with Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze)

Wow.. another few days of icky weather... ahhh..but finally .. today we had some sunshine. (still freezing cold..but at lease.. sunshine).  I did get caught up on some things around here while I was "inside", so that felt good.   For a while there, I was so deep in CHA projects I had to put other things on the back burner.  Now I'm playing catch up.    Speaking of projects, I can finally share some.    
I've been wanting to show you more about how fun Tattered Angels .. Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze are on Glass.  When I knew one of my assignments would be working with glass, I started keeping my eyes open for something "glass" to alter.  While I was at my favorite little treasure place I found this vase for $1.  It was clear glass.
I liked it because it was such an unusual shape.  AND the fact that the tag on it actually said... "Weird Vase"
lol, I don't know why I found that so funny .. but I did :)

I used "Organic Garden" Glimmer Glam and "Mellow Yellow" Glimmer Glam on the clear glass vase. I did a couple of layers of the Green Glam , added some random brush strokes of the Yellow Glaze.   The Chain and charm piece I found at Precious Treasures.  I punched out that funky little numbered paper for the center of the charm.
I'm pretty happy with the  way it turned out. I like it when what you imagined in your head ... turns out just that way. yippee.


Well, I told you we had some icky weather the past few days.  I STAYED IN!   Which worked out well actually because I had planned to take a few days this week to catch up on "house things", and just enjoy home!  ( outside of my craft room).

I did exciting stuff like... dusted , vacuumed, did laundry, tore apart and organized the closet, you know .. fun stuff like that. ha    
But I did enjoy doing some things I really do like to do.. like bake...


and spend some with my sweetest pups.   (Aly wasn't as excited about getting her photo taken)


Today, the snow stopped , and the sun even came out. I left my cave and went and got groceries. A little sunshine and some time in the car, with a good CD!  
  As my sis and I were just talking about yesterday, sometimes you just have to look a bit harder to find the "beauty"  ... come February in Nebraska.  But it's there.....


This tree is on the county road  as you turn off to our house. I don't know what it is about it..but I'm always just drawn to it.  It's beautiful ... Winter, Summer, Spring or Fall.  I wonder how many times I've photographed it? I think alot.


Have a happy day!

12 comments:

Kinzie said...

Vic - I think your vase is my favorite project you have done - which says a lot since I love all your projects!!! I think it is funny too that it was labeled a weird vase!

Martha Richardson said...

The vase is STUNNING!! The weather on the other hand...yuk!

Jan said...

Beautiful vase :)

A Vintage Chic said...

LOVE that vase, Vicki! Gorgeous! I think I need a snow day so I'll be forced to do some cleaning...good job, girl!

Just been catching up on some of your posts--LOVE your farm one--you know me and family stuff!

And that pie? YIKES! Why aren't you my neighbor???

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Thanks so much for an awesome project idea, I need to make a few things for the sunroom we put on the back of the house, a couple vases will be perfect! We've had crappy weather too and cold cold today. Keep those doggies warm, mine hate the winter.

debbiek said...

Great vase, Ms. Vicki. Funny how someone can make something beautiful when another might find it weird...lol. Love seeing pictures of your tree and the Pups! Stay warm....

Bettyann said...

funky vase..like how you altered the "weird vase"..I am also drawn to the stark dark outline of winter trees against the sky..love the pics..glad you could get out..take care..

harrahx2 said...

The tree is the perfect shape, not too tall, spread out nicely, looks like you just want to sit under it! Love the "weird" vase and what you did with it. Nice work girl.....the cold must agree with your mojo!

Tammy Morrill said...

Way cool vase, Vicki! We're snowy here in Idaho, too, but you're right -- the beauty's there when you look for it.

Donna said...

I think your tree photos are beautiful, too, Vicki and it's so cool that you have that favorite view right where you live....I always feel so blessed to LOVE what I already HAVE. :)
You should think about doing the same shot of your tree in all four (two in NE?! HA) seasons and then do something crafty with them on 4 canvases and line 'em up.

kathy/North Carolina said...

The vase is so amazing. I love that it looks like a pear. Definitely not a "weird"vase any more.

Country Liv . . . said...

B E A U T I F U L . . .