Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A little ATC fun

Hello friends!  Getting the week off to a good start. I've been busy putting kits together for upcoming classes.  If you live anywhere near here, I'll be teaching at the Albion NE crop April 9th.  Five Classes this time.  A CREATE banner, and Mixed Media mini album, a Crafty Secrets Recipe book, a  two page layout and a Canvas class.  If there are any extra kits they will  post them for sale here on my blog.  If you  will be attending the Albion Crop, I will also have a couple of tables set up to sell left over kits from other classes, if you are interested.   Time to clean out my supply closet :)
If you live near and haven't attended this event before, you should. Its BIG.. and alot of fun, great girls, lots of classes and tons of goodies to buy. hee   You can contact Kami at kami.warner@hotmail.com  for more information about the event.
******************************************************
Sharing some more projects I did for CHA using new new dies from AccuCut, stamps from Crafty Secrets and Tattered Angels mists and paints.
This is a cool new ATC die set from AccuCut.

 
Just happened to have this oh so perfect stamp set from Crafty Secrets to use for this project.

Below you can see all the pieces to this set.

************************************************************

Speaking of AccuCut dies.  (happy face)  I have to show you a couple of my die projects that are in the Spring issue of  Paper Creations Magazine.   I have this issue sitting here on my desk, and I've really been enjoying looking through it. So nice to look forward to "Spring like" things!

Images and Stamp used on these shadowboxes are all  from Crafty Secrets.  (you can get a complete list of instructions and supplies in the Spring 2011 issue of Paper Creations.


************************************************************
Well  Valentines day has to come before Spring can .. so better start there.   Decided to make some of these little hear shaped cherry pies with the fun little pocket pie mold Neely gave me a while back.  It's so cute!



I have a friend who loves cherry pie and has a birthday on Friday.  These got packed up and mailed.  Sure easier to mail than a whole cherry pie, for sure. I'm hoping they arrive in one piece.



Since this post is about as "random" as it can be, I might as well go with it at this point. lol
I had to share this little poem.  It just tickles me!!
My sweet friend Julie, gave me some vintage goodies that used to be her moms, a while back.  One of them was this wooden file box, just filled with little sayings and poems. You can tell her mom was a teacher, because it was all so organized. Poems and sayings for each month/and or season all filled neatly.
It is just a sweet adorable collection of children's poems.
On the inside there is a card that is typed, that says
" Poetry Collection"
Children's Literature
by
Lenore McCracken
( and then in handwriting just below that, it says "This is a useful, and attractive Collection")

I JUST LOVE this little treasure... THANK YOU JULIE!

I'll be sharing lots more from this little box, in my upcoming posts..but for day... this little bit of sweetness.






ENjOy  YoUR DaY FRiEnDs !!!



9 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

What a wonderful post, Vicki! Loved all the vintage goodness here...and don't your shadowbox projects look AMAZING in the magazine??? Yes, they do!

Would LOVE to come and take those classes from you--might be just a little too far away, though...darn!

Love it all, my friend!

...I think I need to make some of those sweet little pies...!

Julie

Susan said...

Loved your post today. I was going to write you and say that I saw your article in the magazine today when I was browsing at Joann's! Great projects with the shadowbox die!
Susan

Julie Higgins said...

Oh Vic--I will make sure my mom sees your blog and what you said about her poetry file:) How sweet! The little fish poem makes life seem so simple and uncomplicated:)

Love those cute little pies! You are so awesome! Julie

Jan said...

wooooo-hooooo and CONGRATS on your newest publication..Your piece is gorgeous. Love the little cherry pies and how sweet of you to mail them to a friend! You're always such an inspiration :)

debbiek said...

Oh such CUTE projects Ms. Vicki and those cherry pie hearts make me drool...lol!

Wish I could take your classes. When are you coming to Wisconsin? We have as much snow as you do (maybe even more lately) so you'd feel like you were at home;)

LOVE the little goldfish poem! Have a great rest of the week...

- DebbieK

Lady Pamela said...

Love the little poem. It would be so cute on a card for my grandson. Sure made me smile.
Thanks.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh I love the ATC's Vicki and I will have to check out the Paper Creations issue, those projects look fabulous! Have a great day!

harrahx2 said...

Okay, so I need to buy the recipe book project! I love the poem. Your designs are wonderful and loved the envelope. I have a brown one and I am going to try it! You are so talented chicka and those pies? To die for!

tcolemansc2000 said...

Just love all the Beautiful vintage crafts, I really look forward to working on things to make me happy. and to share it with my many friends we are parents who lost children and we really need joy