Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tattered Angels Chalkboard paints

Hey Everyone!  Had few minutes here ,thought I'd do I quick blog post. Good thing I have lots of things saved up from CHA projects to share, because I haven't been in my room all week.  Miss being creative up here..but loving spending time with mom.   She is doing better every day. This sore but improving! YAY!
Again.. thank you all for all your sweet caring words. I read them all to her.

*******************************************

Wanted to show you some of these banners I did for the Tattered Angels booth for CHA. They are all Acrylic (Clear Scraps)  with Tattered Angels Chalkboard paints used on them.


Aren't these new vibrant colors gorgeous??


Love the way they can blend.

Friday was supposed to be our Art group meeting, and thought about Jan and I skipping this one ,but I think mom enjoyed having a couple of hours to go through her mail , ect.. so we decided to go ahead and go.   It was a good time ...as you can see.  These girls are a hoot!


 Crazy Jess.. :)  Love that girl!


Among other goodies ...She made this Louisiana Caviar, and it was DELICIOUS!


I haven't finished my project from the day together yet..but I will soon and then share it here.

**************************************************************

Tonight Jarad and Kate are coming for dinner and bringing a movie for us all to watch, so I'm looking forward to that, and I know mom is also.  

It's been such a nice week to spend chatting with mom and just spending time with her.  I love it when she talks about her childhood, or when Dad and her were first married and starting out.  Raising kids, relatives I never had the chance to meet, places shes lived,... just all that stuff. 
Thankful for a nice week, my moms health, my super supportive family, great friends.. and so much more!

Hugs,Vic



11 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Those pennants looked even more amazing in real life! They are so awesome! huge hugs !

janel said...

Beautiful post Vic! Love that banner and the stamps are super. I am so sorry about your mom. Please give her my best and I am hoping she heals quickly....and I know you are enjoying spending these days with her. Have not been on the computer for several days so missed sending greetings when it happened. Thinking of you.

Jan said...

Great banners! So happy your Mom is doing ok :) Enjoy your time with the kids :)

A Vintage Chic said...

Beautiful projects, Vicki! Love those colors!

So glad your mom is doing better--she seems like such a strong, brave woman...just like my mom.

Glad you took time to go and play with your girls--it's good for you! Looks like such a fun time!

Okay, my friend...I certainly hope you're writing some of these stories down that she's telling you! Or get her on tape casually while your talking...just get those sweet stories while you've got her trapped with you in the house!

Sorry for the lecture (hahaha!) Have a wonderful time with your family tonight...

Julie

debbiek said...

Love the banners Ms. Vicki and so glad your Mom is doing better. Enjoy your time together with your family:) Can't wait to see what you create next!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Wow those pennants are so gorgeous! I love those flowers and all the chalkboard paints.

Wonderful to hear you mom is feeling better. I seriously love that blue paint color on the wall in the background. I live in an old house that looks very similar with rounded doorways. :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

Such wonderful news about your mom. Give her a hug from me. I lost my mom 5 years ago, but before she went "home" I created a scrapbook of her life. Listening to her stories (I took notes) was some of the best time I ever spent with her. I found out how she met my dad, their first date, their early life together....her childhood. It was precious!

And, those banners look like glass! Amazing!

harrahx2 said...

Vic, you are so lucky on the one hand that this happened and you got this special time while on the other hand, your mom, well, not so lucky or maybe she is feeling lucky too! It's an opportunity we don't make neough time for, learning about our parents. I know so little about my folks as they are both deceased. Love your banner and of course, love your glasses.......just saying!

Bettyann said...

Hugs back to you Vicki...glad all is well on the home front..love the chalk misters..

Micki said...

ohh I love that banner and LOVED the chalkboard paints when I first got to 'play' with them at Summer CHA.

Precious Treasures said...

If you ever get room for one more I want to join. I love that group of gals! :)